Political Animals (TV show)

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Tasha, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 29, 2012

***not a political thread :p

Is anyone else watching this show? It is on USA and I am enjoying it. It is a darker drama mini series about a political family, the father is the ex-President and the wife is the current Secretary of State. They are divorced, but still involved and have 2 adult sons, one works for the mom and the other is an addict and has lots of issues. I don't watch very many dramas about politics, but I love it so far. There are all kinds of other plot lines going on, it is not a show to watch while on AtoZ :lol:

3. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 29, 2012

I LOVE it! I think Sigourney Weaver is fantastic and she is playing a great pseudo Hillary. I know it's not supposed to exactly mirror the Clintons, but of course there are enough obvious similarities to make the connection.

I'm excited about tonight's episode!

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 29, 2012

I thought that too about it being loosley about the Clintons. I just watched the first two episodes today and it is fantastic!

5. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 29, 2012

I saw an interview with Sigourney Weaver on The Daily Show and she said she definitely used Hillary as her inspiration, but that she didn't want it to be just about that. Her goal, and she believes the goal of the show, is to demonstrate that women need to have a much more active role in politics and that we have very different (and in her mind better) skills to offer.