Polar express pajama party ideas

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by Abcgirl123, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Abcgirl123

Abcgirl123 Rookie

Nov 28, 2016

I was going to have the party in the morning and have it start at 9. This is my first year doing this so I am looking for ideas. How does this sound. My boss is letting me use the projector to show the movie. I was going to start the movie at 9:30ish. During the movie I was going to set up stations. One station a snack station where the kids can eat, another station will be whipped cream writing. I have trays where we can put whipped cream and they can just write in it with their fingers. And another station will be a craft I haven't decided what. I was thinking either jungle he'll painting or maybe making a hot chocolate craft out of construction paper paint and cotton balls. We eat lunch at 11:30 so I was trying to think of a game to play after the movie. I also have a couple of parent volunteers to help out with the stations I will also have beanbag and pillows out on the floor for the children who just want to watch the movie. Does anyone have any feedback or ideas?

3. shoreline02

shoreline02 Cohort

Nov 28, 2016

I think that is a great idea! Will there be a teacher at each station? I also typed in "Polar Express Preschool" into pinterest and they have so many great ideas as well. I like that you are giving your students the freedom to choose what they want to do. I also like the idea of doing some sort of graph of how many students like marshmallows, or hot chocolate, or something similar. You can display this for parents when they come in.
    [​IMG]

Abcgirl123 likes this.
  4. Abcgirl123

Abcgirl123 Rookie

Nov 28, 2016

Oh that graph is adorable. I might have to do that. I also thought about doing a photo booth. There will be parent volunteers that way my co teacher and I can bounce from station to station as needed. I already have 2 volunteers and I haven't even put up the sign up sheet yet. How much time in advance should I put up the sheet? Is 2 weeks enough time or is it too soon or does it sound reasonable?

5. shoreline02

shoreline02 Cohort

Nov 28, 2016

2 weeks is just fine. You can do reminders as time gets closer as well!

Abcgirl123 likes this.
  6. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 28, 2016

What about decorating a snowman or bell station? What about hot cocoa writing...like sand but cocoa? May be dump out packets on paper plates so one per kid. There will probably a lot of finger licking. Lol

Abcgirl123 likes this.
  7. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Groupie

Nov 29, 2016

You can make fake snow / cloud dough for the sensory table.
    It's baby oil & flour (I forgot the exact measurements but you can look it up)
    I made it for my class last year and they LOOOOVED it.
    I played with it a lot too. It was very soothing texture wise