PLT Scoring?

Discussion in 'Other Tests' started by cheese123, May 21, 2015.

1. cheese123

cheese123 New Member

May 21, 2015

Hi there,
    I am wondering if anyone can tell me if you get any sort of score at the end of the PLT exam when you take it on the computer. I am taking the Praxis PLT 5624 (grades 7-12). The test consists of 70 multiple choice questions and then 4 essays. The 4 essays account for 25% of the score from what I understand. I am wondering if I will have any idea whether or not I passed once I complete the computer test. I know other Praxis exams give a score at the end of the test. I'm also trying to figure out how many questions I need to get right to pass as I'm worried about the essay portion. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

May 21, 2015

I don't think there is a good way of gauging that score. Let me put it to you this way; my husband picked me up after my PLT, and I was one of the last people out. I told him I felt like I'd been stomped on by an entire school as well as five psychology professors. He told me I was one of the few who wasn't crying. I passed easily.

Honestly, the biggest obstacle on that test is time management. You might want to simply bullet-point your essay answers instead of writing full paragraphs.

4. cheese123

cheese123 New Member

May 21, 2015

Thanks for your reply! But was there any score provided on the computer once you completed your exam? Thanks!

5. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

May 21, 2015

I took mine on paper. Sorry!

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 21, 2015

You'll probably get a preliminary score for the multiple-choice part only; I'm pretty sure Praxis still uses real live people in the scoring of constructed responses.

For most Praxis tests with a multiple choice component and three or more, um, bits of writing, it makes more sense to think of them as being something other than essays. Yes, it makes sense to be a bit organized - but one leads with one's conclusion and then backs it up with evidence, and as cat has indicated it's appropriate to bullet-list the answer rather than writing pretty paragraphs.

7. chasisaac

chasisaac Comrade

May 21, 2015

While not crying as I left. I also felt stomped on. I actually went to the store and purchased ice for my arm it hurt so bad after writing.

Passed with ease.

8. Engineer

Engineer Rookie

May 23, 2015

I took this test last month and got no score at the end (raw or scaled).

9. Engineer

Engineer Rookie

May 23, 2015

I did, however, feel good about it and I did end up passing easily.