Pls. Review: 4th Grade Nutrition Label Worksheet

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by TeacherShelly, Sep 18, 2007.

1. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Sep 18, 2007

Hi Everyone,

I student teach in 4th grade. I'm doing a lesson about reading the Nutrition Label and estimated vs. actual serving sizes. I made this worksheet to use with the lesson. Would you please look it over and tell me if it is intuitive enough for a 4th grade class (with me giving instructions)? I'd love it if anyone would pretend to fill it out and let me know what would make it more useful.

Cheers!
    Shelly

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  3. ~Nicole

~Nicole Comrade

Sep 18, 2007

Make sure before you do the lesson you go over how to measure and weigh

I think you need some mini lessons a few days before on how to do the calorie bit.

I would include a statement where you have the students use that information. What do you want them to do with the information once they collected it?

4. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Sep 18, 2007

Genius! Thanks :) I updated it (and edited the original link) with your ideas. I'll do a mini lesson on weighing. Two of the packages have "20 pieces" or "2 cookies" for the serving size; the three others have "1 ounce" as the serving size. I'm bringing my food scale for the ounce ones. I could have them practice wieghing their erasers, lunch contents, etc. the day before.

Thanks, especially since this lesson will be observed by my college professor!