Pledge to the Flag?

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Major, May 3, 2006.

1. missdonnelly

missdonnelly Rookie

May 7, 2006

Hello,

This is not a normal announcement in schools on a regular basis....at least not at my school. However, you should know that in schools now it is not required to stand or say the pledge. This is largely due to the part of the pledge that states: "under God." BUT, students are REQUIRED, however, to show respect at that time. During the pledge, students still cannot be talking or putting things away, etc.

Miss Donnelly

2. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

May 7, 2006

The pledge is part of my school's morning news announcements. Each class gets a turn to do the pledge for a week. The students love it! The get to introduce themselves, say the pledge and then they get to stay in the special "News Room" for the rest of the show. I do let my JW children go and observe but they are not on TV as they cannot say the pledge - one did beg to say it just once, so they could be a TV.:)

3. lindalou

lindalou Rookie

May 7, 2006

Kinderkids hits the nail on the head. We say the pledge each morning as well as the salute to the flag of NM! Most of us think it is all one thing and automatically salute the flag of our state after the pledge! LOL!