Please tell me this isn't bad!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Lovetoteachkids, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

I just called the school I interviewed at two weeks ago. The principal has been on vacation and I was going to try to speak with the asst. principal but the secretary didn't give me a chance to ask...she just put me to the principal's secretary's answering machine. She already took my name so I couldn't hang up. Now I've left at least 2 message on the secretary's machine and 1 on the principal's voice mail. I didn't want to leave another one but the secretary gave me no choice. It's been two weeks but I don't want to seem like a stalker! He told me numerous times during our interview to call with any questions. I just wanted to speak with the asst. principal.:eek:

3. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Aug 1, 2007

If he's ever been in the interview process...which he has...he'll recognize that you are eager and interested in working at the school. If he holds it against you, then he's kinda silly, don't cha think?

4. patti2

patti2 Cohort

Aug 1, 2007

I agree! Remember, this principal has been in your shoes!

5. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Aug 1, 2007

LOL...thanks for the reassurance! He really is a nice guy so I'm sure you're right. I ended up calling back to speak with one of the asst. principals and had to leave a message on her voice mail as well. I just realized the board meeting for that district is Aug 9th! I really hope I get called back for a 2nd interview.