Please tell me everything you know about I-Ready

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Sarge, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Aug 5, 2016

If you have used it, share.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 5, 2016

We use it at my school, but I've never personally administered it. From what I've seen, students participate in lessons geared for their particular levels. I would say that kids tend to get bored with it, but their scores generally improved over the course of the year. Many teachers at my school use it as a sort of filler activity for when there is a sub or for early finishers.

4. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Aug 5, 2016

As Caesar said it's geared towards the students particular level. Students can use it at any time to complete lessons or practice skills in math or reading. It uses really childish and boring animations that are painful to sit through. But the assessments provide specific information about where students are weak or strong (such as analyzing informational texts). The tests take a long time though.

5. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Aug 5, 2016

Agree with others. I think it could be good for younger kids, but older kids get bored with it. If you can get student buy in and actually get them to try, great - but if they just click through the test and get a lot of wrong answers, they'll get placed at a really low level and hate it. I've had students get placed at a CVC-word level when they certainly didn't need it.

6. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Aug 5, 2016

I love iReady! My students like the math ok, but hate the reading. The reports are fantastic, and I've found them to be very accurate in leveling kids. I also love the student grouping it does and the availability of lessons to reteach in small groups. In order to see results, you really do need to commit to the 40 minutes per subject per week recommendation. My class does 30 minutes a day.

7. TnKinder

TnKinder Companion

Aug 5, 2016

We use I-Ready for math intervention. Students who receive RTI use it 2days a week if they are tier 3 and 3 days a week if they are tier 2 for 30 minutes each session. When students first log on they complete a benchmark assessments and are placed in tiers. The program is adaptive and students at the K level really like it. Students complete lessons and then play a game related to the lesson. They progress monitor every two weeks. There is a lot of data generated and a parent report can be printed for parents.

8. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Aug 6, 2016

Great program for elementary kiddos! We take a diagnostic in August to see where everyone is academically. Then, we use the results to help form our RtI groups.
    Some highlights of the program:

*Detailed reports for both teachers and parents!
    *Districts can opt to purchase iReady instruction lessons that can be used during RtI.
    *Teachers are able to see whether or not a student rushed to complete a test and can make the student retake it.

Sooooo happy my district chose to purchase this program. We have iReady reps who come out to our sites each quarter to show us how we can get the most out of the program. I learn something new each time they come out and then I am able to share my knowledge with the teachers. As a district, we've seen that the iReady instructional piece mirrors what the kiddos see on the SBAC.