Please take my dad to heaven...

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by kinderkids, Jul 23, 2010.

1. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Aug 17, 2010

Thoughts and prayers are being sent for your family :hugs:

2. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2010

TY everyone for your thoughts and prayers. My emotions still come and go in waves. It was three weeks ago Sunday that he passed away.
    As a follow up to the eagle story: after his funeral, we all came to my parent's house and when we were there, the eagle once again came to the tree...stayed just for a couple minutes and then soared. He has not returned.

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Aug 17, 2010

Kinderkids, bless you for the reminder. I need to contact my dad today. He's not in good health these last few years and I just take for granted that he'll still always be there. I need to love him like there is no tomorrow.

4. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2010

Huge hugs kinder. I just came across this thread now. I'm sorry for your loss, but I am glad your prayer was answered and he is not suffering anymore.

The eagle story gave me chills. What a special memory you will have of those days knowing the eagle was part of it. :hugs:

5. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2010

Kinder, I'm sorry I didn't know about this until just now. I hadn't been on the forum for a while. Sending you my sympathy today. How is your mom doing? The Eagle story is just amazing and beautiful.

6. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2010

CnG, call your dad and remind him how much he is loved. It's a great reminder for everyone!!!

TY Leigh and Grammy. I would love to post a pic of the eagle..my brother got a picture of it. I don't remember how to put a picture on here though. :(

My mom is having a difficult time...we think she will die of a broken heart. He was her caretaker for many years...and now we are taking turns doing as much as we can. It is just so hard.

7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2010

Hugs to you Kinder & your family for all you are doing for your mom.
    Is their a berievement (sp?) group? I know my gram has gone to one for a few yrs now. They meet once a month. My other gram goes to one at the library. They both like to be with people that they either knew or have come to know.
    I LOVE your Eagle story!!! Ah... there are lil signs all around us!!!

I talk to my dad almost every day!!! I do need to get down & see my gpa a lil more...he is 100!!! He does light up when we go down. We brought ice cream down to him!!! I'll have to make some cookies or get some ice cream!!!

8. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2010

It is just so hard when they get old.What makes it even harder is that we (my husband and I,) are also getting old, still working, etc. and mom lives alone an hour away. We took her to the doctor when she called last week. We both flew out of work, but can't do that every time she calls. She won't move out of her home.
    Sorry to hijack...just saying, I feel your emotional pain.