Please start sharing your

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by jlj, Jun 9, 2012.

1. jlj

jlj Devotee

Jun 9, 2012

classroom arrangement pictures & BB ideas. :thanks:

3. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 9, 2012

Wow, already? Some have barely started their summer break. I bet they haven't even thought about ideas and such. Have you checked Pinterest for BB ideas and classroom pics? I've found a lot of BB and door ideas.

4. jlj

jlj Devotee

Jun 9, 2012

I know, I can't believe it either :eek:hmy: but admins. wants most done before we leave for the summer. never asked this of us before. I like to take time to browse school supply stores, have fun with it, but sure not ready right now. We just finished classes & next week is meetings, complete paper work & work in rooms. Have to get somewhat motivated tho :|

5. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jun 9, 2012

I just finished taking my stuff down...

6. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 10, 2012

:yeahthat:

All I know for sure is that I want to change the two bulletin boards at the front of the room. They're done up in school colors, and it's a bit dark and depressing. I also need to get motivated and hit the teacher store BEFORE August, when all of the good borders are gone.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 10, 2012

8. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jun 10, 2012

Some of us still have three weeks to go!

If you do a search, you'll find lots of old threads with pictures; I'm sure you can find some inspiration there.

I still can't believe that you need to have your room set up before you leave for the summer. It gets so humid here during the summer that everything would fall off of the walls!

9. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jun 10, 2012

I still have a 8 days to my summer break. I have prepared, though, for the first 2 weeks of Sept. I have sheets run off, I know what bulletin I will put up in the hall, and the books I will be reading have their corresponding activities ready to go. I also have the "take home folders" for the parents ready to go. My year is organized in monthly plastic bins so I just have to pull from them.

10. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Jun 10, 2012

I am in awe! :dizzy: I love spending time over the summer coming up with new ideas and fresh ways to start the year. I can't imagine having the first 2 weeks of September run off already! I don't even have tomorrow's plans run off!!

11. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

Jun 10, 2012

Very impressive.

12. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jun 10, 2012

I am working to get my room done before I leave. I have tons of ideas and pictures of years' past...click on the blog button bellow and follow the links to see my rooms.

13. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jun 10, 2012

I feel that having many years under my belt helps in many ways. Some of my sheets and activities are tried and true ones that the children love each year. I don't feel that I have to have a brand new hall BB every year or brand new activities. I have front desk greeter aides that are always asking for work they can do at their desk. So they were able to put together many of the packets for me. Having y sheets, books, art activities, etc. in 10 large bins for each month of school has been a saving grace to me during the years. It makes things so much easier.

14. applecore

applecore Devotee

Jun 10, 2012

I started two weeks before school let out--taking down the bulletin boards, replacing with new boarder, cleaning the walls and boards of materials---the kids were a HUGE help in cleaning and preparing the classroom for next year's students. Kinda like "passing the torch". Some were kinda sad about it, but it seemed to help a lot with being a part of the whole process.

I won't have pictures until August...I'm still working on it. LOL But for now...Pinterst is my friend....and time enemy...LOL

15. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

Jun 11, 2012

I wish I could do something similar with my curriculum. Why do secondary teachers do things so much differently than elementary teachers? I wonder if that would even work for me.

16. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

Jun 11, 2012

I actually did a ton of cleaning and organizing before I left for the summer. I wanted everything to be as organized as possible for the fall before I left. I still have things to do, like make out and copy a new syllabus for the coming year, copy my student information sheets, make and copy my summer reading tests, and maybe change out the borders on my boards if time allows. I also know we will have less time this year to prepare than we've ever had so I will have to do most of my room prep on my own time.

17. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 11, 2012

18. applecore

applecore Devotee

Jun 12, 2012

It feels good, doesn't it? I still have a few things that I need to go in and organize--but I've got things stacked on the counters from counter to ceiling to get out of the way of the carpet cleaning; otherwise, my stuff gets hauled out the halls and quite possbily left for people to riffle through and haul away as their own...thinking it's free. Experience of losing and reconfiscating things taught me well.

19. applecore

applecore Devotee

Jun 12, 2012

20. sumnerfan

sumnerfan Comrade

Jun 12, 2012

It is nice, and I can actually *gasp* find things. It doesn't get much better than that.

21. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Jun 12, 2012

22. jlj

jlj Devotee

Jun 15, 2012

Thanks Amanda! Gotta love A to Z!!! :D A great site...A great group of people!