please pray for me...

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by clarnet73, Jun 14, 2003.

1. lilkidteach

lilkidteach Rookie

Aug 9, 2003

Glad your doing better

Hey Em,

I am really glad that you are getting better. Hope you can get a job, but I can be a little selfish and hope you come back here to go to school, I will get to see you again :D. Well you have a little while before having to go though all that icky stuff again, have some fun while your are felling good!!

Love and Hugs to you,
    Jess

2. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Aug 10, 2003

Your well being is all for now

I love peeling off sunburnt skin, dont suppose your skin is peeling like that? Do you require wound care or is it surface skin? Are you independent while convalescing or do you have nurse care?

It worries me to hear your obligations to 'working' versus, taking care of yourself with out adding the stress of classes, assignments, deadlines, or even teaching and grading....

I think you have got to take it real easy, lay low, get your strength and do EVERYTHING you have ever wished to do but couldnt because you didnt have 'time' to. I think so spiritually sometimes that I see a bigger picture to your 'treatments' as being time, time for you to reflect, judge, value your life and do what you may have not had time for.

Just a thought. I just wanted to know my thoughts are with you. Feel better, maybe its time for another care package!:D

3. cherryvoliva

cherryvoliva Rookie

Aug 12, 2003

Hi Emily! I just today found out about your situation, so I'm sorry I missed praying for you during your hospital stays! But I can sure pray now! :) I hope all is well! Don't forget to keep us posted! As school starts for everyone, things will get busier and I know that I won't be on here as much as I am during the summer, but just know that you're still in our thoughts and prayers--even if we're not "posting" as much as before! Take care of yourself!

4. emccoy

emccoy Companion

Sep 7, 2003

Clarnet73 said:

That time quickly approaches folks, let's keep Emily in prayer!!

Ed

5. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Sep 12, 2003

Hi folks... time for an update. :)

I went back for tests beginning of this week, and talked to my oncologist yesterday... good news is that my cancer hasn't spread further, bad news is it hasn't gotten any smaller...

So, long and short of it is, I got back in all over again on the 22nd... since that's my birthday, that's not a very good present if you ask me! Oh well, gotta do what you gotta do... guess it's a good thing I don't have my own classroom right now... I'd hate to leave my kids with a sub for that long! My job is bad enough having to leave them. :)

6. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 13, 2003

What a great attitude you have! I'm sorry that you have to endure more treatment, but one day you will be thankful you did all you had to do. God bless you.

7. hillsidefogo

hillsidefogo Companion

Sep 13, 2003

I'm sorry that you didn't get all good news. You have been in my thoughts and prayers all summer. I hope since the growth of the cancer has been stopped, this next round of treatment will start shrinking it. Keep your spirits up. Someday some lucky children will have you for their teacher. Good wishes are coming your way from Newfoundland.
    Dawn:)

8. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Sep 21, 2003

Hey clarnet73

We will miss you this week! I'm sorry to hear your birthday will be spent in the hospital, but I hope you have a good birthday in spite of where you are. :)

I'll be praying for you!

Amanda

9. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Sep 22, 2003

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I know you won't get to read this until later... but...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Hope you are feeling well!!!

Lori

10. emccoy

emccoy Companion

Sep 22, 2003

Hey, I didn't know it was your birthday. Happy 22nd. God bless you and keep the faith. I am continuing to pray for you and your doctors.

Ed

11. lilkidteach

lilkidteach Rookie

Sep 24, 2003

Happy Birthday!

Hi Em,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

I hope this treatment won't be too bad for you. Hang in there, and get some rest.

Jess

12. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Sep 28, 2003

I made it, 13/14 doeses... I swear they're gotta be some kryptonite in me since I'm practically superwoman! :-D

They've finally started giving my nausa and diharreah meds, etc. around the clock to stop the symptoms, so that helps... course, I go in and KNOW i'll be sick, so i was throwing up MOnday just from being there, yuck!

Good news is I'm feeling better already, and will probably go to work Wed-Fri. :)

You people write to much! I have 66 messages to keep up with. :-D lol

13. austeach

austeach Companion

Sep 28, 2003

It is really good to see you back Em. Hope things get better by the minute.

I hardly know you, but you must be an amazing person to have the deep respect of so many people on here.

14. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Sep 28, 2003

nausea meds

in the old days, chemo patients would take medicinal marrijuana for the nausea!
    Keep food down.... just hearing about it makes me want to puke!

15. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Oct 5, 2003

I'm going back in again tomorrow (Monday) for another week... *sigh* here we go again...

16. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Oct 5, 2003

Thanks for letting us know! We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there! :)

17. hillsidefogo

hillsidefogo Companion

Oct 8, 2003

I'm thinking about you a praying for your strength.
    Dawn

18. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Oct 12, 2003

I'm back, get to enjoy myself for a while now... the week in was rougher, but my side effects once I've been out haven't been nearly as bad. I ususally can't slleo the first 2 nights I'm out, and I slept petty osundly last night, so that's a WONDERFUL sign.

Now back to work. :-D and normal life until more tests ...

19. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Oct 12, 2003

So glad to hear it, Emily. Hang in there.

20. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Oct 12, 2003

enjoy each day

Hope you feel better every day. Our strength and wishes are coming to you from Florida... ruth