Please Help!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by K-5_teacherguy, Jun 9, 2017.

1. K-5_teacherguy

K-5_teacherguy Companion

Jun 9, 2017

I am currently filling out an application for another district in my area (looking to change districts for a variety of reasons). There are lots of short answer questions on this application (24 to be exact), but one of them is tripping me up.

Question: In a fast-paced, digitally changing world, how do you prepare learners for tomorrow?
    My answer: I prepare learners for tomorrow by helping them develop a growth mindset, which allows them to approach any situation with confidence and a tenacious attitude to learn and improve. This mentality will help my students thrive in any experience they encounter.

I feel pretty good about my answers to the other 23 questions, but I just feel my response here is weak. I'm honestly not sure if I'm even interpreting the question correctly. Can anyone offer any feedback? Things I might consider including? Thanks in advance!

*Also, I should add the directions on the application said to keep responses "brief and candid."

3. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jun 9, 2017

I think the key phrase is "digitally changing world" I think they are looking for how will you prepare students with all the technology they are using today and will be using in the future.

whizkid and agdamity like this.
  4. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jun 9, 2017

Forgot to add what I would add: maybe you add how you will use technology in the classroom (apps, class work, homework, presentations, etc.)

5. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Jun 11, 2017

Address what 21st century skills you will prepare your students for, this is all based around using tech in your teaching.

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jun 12, 2017

Digital citizenship should be an important part of this response as well.