Please Help with my Science Fair Project

Discussion in 'Montessori' started by gnicoll, Oct 8, 2011.

1. gnicoll

gnicoll New Member

Oct 8, 2011

My name is Serena Nicoll. I am 12 years old and I have been enrolled in Montessori schools since I was 18 months old. I have been doing a science fair project for 3 years investigating how students from different types of school understand conservation of mass and volume. The results for the past two years have shown that 3-6 year old Montessori students perform better with conservation of mass and volume than traditional students. This year, I would like to analyze whether older children and adults follow the same trends that children from 3-6 years of age do. This year, I am asking for your help in two ways.

First, can you and your children ages 9 and older please take a short survey online about Piagetian concepts. No personal information will be revealed and no personal information is asked. There are no right or wrong answers to the survey and the results will be confidential. I do ask that you fill in what grade you are in (or teaching) and what type of education that you are enrolled in. Also, I ask some general demographic information. I have a survey online, but the forum won't let me post it here. If you reply to this message or send me an email (gayleanicoll@gmail.com), I can send you the website.

Second, can you please forward this information to as many people as you know? I am trying to get as many people from around the world to take this survey as possible. If everyone takes the survey and forwards this email, I will have a really great study!

Thank you so much for your support of this study!