Please help Im a 2nd grade Bilingual Intern!

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by SCAREDLADY, Jun 18, 2009.

1. SCAREDLADY

SCAREDLADY New Member

Jun 18, 2009

Hello,
    I just recently was hired as a bilingual 2nd grade teacher! :thumb: While, I am super excited I am freaking out! I really have no clue what to expect! Can anyone please tell me what exactly it is that you 2nd graders learn? (I have no clue as I was applying for high school but was offered a 2nd grade position) Do I teach them cursive? Fractions? Do I teach every subject in Spanish? Can someone please calm my fears?

3. athena83

athena83 Rookie

Jun 25, 2009

Congratulations!

on the position you got offered. I have an interview for a bilingual 2nd grade position on Monday that I really want. I think that the structure of the class will depend on the campus. Sometimes they do 1/2 day English/Spanish. If you want to know what second graders need to know, check the TEKS. Hopefully I will be joining you :)

Good Luck! :thumb:

4. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jun 26, 2009

5. minimar1

minimar1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2009

Scaredlady, you will love it. Regarding what you will be teaching in Spanish, it all depends on the program they are using in your district. Some districts teach only Math in English and the rest in Spanish, other districts teach only Science in English and the rest in Spanish, other districts simply tell you to teach half and half...you have to ask people in your school district. In Second grade, you will teach fractions, addition and subtraction with regrouping, graphs, money problems, place value until 1000....check the TEA website and click for the TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills) to check in detail what you will be teaching for every subject).

Good luck!