Please help! Can't find script to A Day in the Country

Discussion in 'Music Teachers' started by GESKteacher, Apr 30, 2017.

1. GESKteacher

GESKteacher New Member

Apr 30, 2017

I'm hoping someone can help me. My coworkers and I found the perfect musical to do with our kindergarten students for graduation. It's called A Day in the Country by Kidsongs. It goes perfectly with our theme for the year. I ordered the music.. performance and demo. However the directors kit that has the script for the speaking parts is no longer available. Is there anyone that has this filed away that would be willing to email me this part?? I'm desperate!!

3. GESKteacher

GESKteacher New Member

May 4, 2017

If anyone has done this musical and has a copy of the words, we are willing to pay for a copy!

4. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

May 4, 2017

You could check with shops that specialize in out of print books, but probably your best choice is to find a musical that is still in print. Have you tried contacting Kidsongs directly? I worry that if you purchase the music from a third party it will not include performance rights.

Your safest bet is to either contact Kidsongs directly or choose a different show. There are dozens of them online.

5. GESKteacher

GESKteacher New Member

May 4, 2017

Thank you for responding. I ordered it from a local music store and thought I was ordering everything. When I got it and saw I only had CD's, I called back to see if I could get the rest of it and he said it was unavailable. I've tried everything. JW Pepper thought they could still get the director's kit that just has the sheet music and script that he said you can make copies of. However, when we placed the order and paid extra for overnight shipping, they called the next day and said kidsong is no longer printing it and that my best bet is to find someone that has it. I've had no luck with local schools. I found out about the musical from an old forum that came up from here on google so I was hoping I could find someone on here that has it.

6. RussianBlueMommy

RussianBlueMommy Comrade

Nov 27, 2017

I have no practical ideas :( but I loved Kidsongs growing up!!! The video is online and you could play a minute, pause, type dialogue, etc? The videos are only about 6 minutes of talking... most is music.