please critique my resume

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by wannateachintx, Mar 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. wannateachintx

wannateachintx Rookie

Mar 3, 2007

I have my resume below. I really would like to add something more to the objective. I also would like to mention my computer skills as well as being active with site-based/campus improvement meetings. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Objective To be an effective and successful educator in an elementary school setting.
    Education
    [ 2002-Current ] Texas A&M-Commerce Commerce, TX
    working towards BSIS with elementary certification in grades EC-4

Awards received 2003-2004**** Elementary Paraprofessional of the Year
    Work experience [ August 1998-Present ] *****ISD-****Elementary *****
    Paraprofessional

Volunteer experience Assisted with elementary physical education program while a junior and senior in high school working under the tutelage of Coach*****
    Summary of qualifications [ 1998-2005 ] **** Elementary *******
    Physical Education Aide

From 1998-2001, I assisted the physical education teacher, Mrs. ****** activities. I also coordinated Jump Rope For Heart during these three years and assisted ***** with **** Elementary's annual Field Day. As the physical education paraprofessional, I was responsible for assisting ****in many areas such as leading the class in activities and lessons. In the 2000-2001 school year, I was responsible for my own physical education class at **** Intermediate School working with fourth and fifth grade. During this time, I developed my own lesson plans, activities, and classroom procedures that enabled a positive learning environment for all students.

From 2001-2002, I worked under ****** Under her guidance and supervision, I continued to assist her with developing lessons and activities for a successful physical education program. During this year, we also had a staff versus student softball and soccer game that I assisted Coach **** with.

From 2002-2003-I assisted ******* in lesson planning as well as carrying out the responsibilities and duties of an elementary physical education assistant. During this school year, I also became actively involved in UIL Academic contests, coaching UIL Spelling and Ready Writing at the elementary level.

From 2003-2005-I assisted ******** with the elementary physical education program and continued as coordinator of Jump Rope For Heart and co-coordinator of Field Day. Working under her supervision and guidance, I gained further experience and skills to effectively communicate and teach a quality physical education program.

From 2005-present-I am assisting ******* with the head start program which enables students from low-income backgrounds or disabilities to gain a “head start” on their education. Under her guidance and supervision, I am responsible for assisting her in lesson planning and lesson instruction as well as teaching them proper lessons on health and safety.

3. tripletsteacher

tripletsteacher Companion

Mar 9, 2007

I think you should get rid of the word from for sure. I am unsure if that is part of your resume or not. also resumes are generally incomplete sentences such as
    assisted and coordinated jump rope for heart
    coached...............................................
    instructed...........................................
    you need to use a variety of power verbs . the word assisted should only be used once or twice

4. tripletsteacher

tripletsteacher Companion

Mar 9, 2007

resumes should NEVER have the word "I" in them