Playing two sports in college?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by glen, Feb 25, 2011.

1. glen

glen Companion

Feb 25, 2011

My son is a recruited athlete for a spring sport. He's narrowed his choices down to two schools and is waiting on financial aid packages to make a final decision. One of the coaches today brought playing a second sport into the picture. My son thought about playing both at this particular school before, but decided not to pursue it at this time for fear that the main sport's coaching staff would frown upon it. If it becomes an option, is it too much to play two sports (fall and spring) in college?

3. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Feb 25, 2011

I don't know if this helps but I have a friend scholarshiped for bball and last year the sball team was in need of players because of injuries... she joined sball midseason, but this year will be her first full year in both.

I can ask her what she thinks...

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 25, 2011

It depends on the student-athlete...some have done it successfully...it takes a lot of focus, motivation, and drive...and even then, it's A LOT...especially on a college freshman away from home for the first time...only your son, with your guidance, can decide if this is the best choice.