Playing in the Rain

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by KinderCowgirl, Sep 28, 2009.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Sep 28, 2009

My puppy and I ventured out this evening-it had rained and appeared to have stopped, but apparently it had just taken a break. Just about the 1/2-way mark of our loop it started pouring again. We got completely drenched.

It was fun though - she loves jumping in puddles and was actually trying to catch the raindrops in her mouth (kind of like the kids do). I don't think I've ever walked so fast to get home either which probably improved the cardio. We do look like 2 drowned rats now though :p. It's been awhile since I've played in the rain-I highly recommend it! :thumb:

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Sep 28, 2009

How cute!

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Sep 29, 2009

I don't remember when I actually played in the rain...whether on purpose OR getting caught in it. I'm sure it was refreshing, carefree fun! I want to do this now! :D

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 29, 2009

During my SAHM years I took the kids "puddle jumping" every chance I got.

I'm sure the neighbors thought we were crazy-- the kids and me in raincoats and boots, jumping in every puddle we found.

But we had lots of fun!!

6. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Sep 29, 2009

Not to hi-jack but on Saturday while I was in the middle of grading papers and putting them in the grade book. My 6 year old comes to me and asks if we can play Barbies. At first I said no because I was knee deep in papers. Then I thought she is my youngest and my last and she may never ask me again to play Barbies. It was the best 30 minutes I spent all year. She was happy to have her Mom all to herself and playing Barbies. Afterwards she didn't need my attention the rest of the day.

7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Sep 29, 2009

I wish it were warm enough to go play in the rain. My lil ones LOVE it, but alas fall has set in & it was on 58 with HIGH WINDS...no playing in the rain here.

We were out on Friday & saw the arc of a rainbow...so neat to share with lil ones!!!

8. Major

Major Connoisseur

Sep 29, 2009

Playing in the rain with a puppy is about as good as it gets!!!!

9. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Sep 30, 2009

PLAYING IN THE RAIN were some of my fondest memories about my childhood! We use to work @ the farm in the rain and then continue it into playing volleyball or cricket AND we had a ball. We also did the mud sliding with neighborhood kids BUT never the mud fight. We knew better!:D
    Rebel1

10. Hartlepool

Hartlepool Rookie

Oct 1, 2009

It does nowt BUT bloody rain where I'm from !:|

11. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Oct 1, 2009

There's a water sprinkling system at the track where I walk, when it's hot my good friend, she's 65 (she's a lot older than I am), and I stop and dance in the sprinkers. Wow, that's so much fun.

12. KinderMissN

KinderMissN Companion

Oct 1, 2009

I'd be willing to dance and play and sing in the rain if it would rain in my part of Texas. I am around SA and we need it so badly. I just heard on the radio we need about 20 inches for the drought to be declared over.

13. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Oct 1, 2009

Today I had recess duty - 3 classes, 46 degrees, pouring rain, and they were playing basketball in the rain (K-1-2) and begging to take off their jackets. I let them for a little while!

These Alaskan kids are tough!

One time a few years ago I had a large group outside in the same conditions. While I was checking on some kids in the small covered area, the big gang was lining up against the school wall. "Huh," I thought. When I checked it out, our rain pipe from the roof had broken and they were taking turns standing under the "shower!" They were soaked through and having a blast! Kids - you just gotta wonder.

No I did not scold them as they were all laughing up a storm! We just wrung out as best we could and went inside, wet hair, pants, shirts and all. Fun times!!