Plans for next week

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Beth2004, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Dec 16, 2005

For those of you still in school next week....what does your schedule look like? What are you going to be doing with the students? We've got tests and quizzes coming out of our ears! haha We're wrapping everything up before the vacation so that we can start new units in everything when we come back. We've got a "long" multiplication test on Monday, a Social Studies quiz on Tuesday, a Science Test on Wednesday and then their weekly Spelling Review and multiplication facts quiz on Thursday. They've had the "Christmas ants" in their pants all week so I'm not looking forward to next week! haha The school is also having its spirit week next week so we've got hat day, jersey day, and pajama day....like the kids need something else to be excited about! :) We're not having a party mainly because no one in the school really is, but the kids are probably bringing in some snacks on Thursday (our last day). Anyway, what does your week look like?

3. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Dec 16, 2005

I wrapped everything up today. We only go through Tuesday. A few things we will do: meet with 2nd grade buddies to play games, finish presents for parents, do math logic problems, movie (our principal takes the whole school Tuesday morning for a movie!), party, lots of read aloud time, finish a 500 piece puzzle that we started yesterday, group writing activity. Today was tough; hope Monday at least is better!

4. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 17, 2005

Monday will be a regular day (as regular as it can get at this time of year); most of Tuesday will be spent watching the rehersal for our Holiday Concert in the evening; Wednesday is a spirit day (twin day I think); Thursday I am having a "Book Cafe" celebration of books and reading; Friday is "Polar Express" in the morning, an assembly, then tidy up to go home. Somewhere in there, the kids are finishing up holiday stories, doing book and movie reviews, and (hopefully) finishing up a math unit. Whew...I'm exhausted already.

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 17, 2005

What kiind of sadistic people scheduled spirit week?