Planning before school starts

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Ms.T, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Ms.T

Ms.T Comrade

Aug 25, 2009

I'm in my last week of vacation before teachers report next week. I'm trying to get a lot done at home for my classroom (paperwork type stuff/cutting tasks) so I'll be really prepared. I've got my records book updated (just need to add kids' names when I get class list), organized files, etc.

I've done a lot and now I'm kind of drawing a blank. Can anyone give me some work at home ideas? Thanks!

3. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Aug 25, 2009

MsT,

I do a lot at home, but have to remind myself not to do too much. Whatever I do ahead of time -- that is the program they will announce a change in during pre-service week. If I do my spelling cards ahead of time, I just know they will announce they have purchased a new spelling program -- know what I mean?

But that being said, I always try to get all of my first week activities done (not copied, but ready for that), and make put my spelling words for the year onto sentence strip cards. I make all of my "standard" word wall words (others come up during writing), and I try to make some of posters and charts I'll need.

I save the name tags and all that, because we don't even get our class lists until preservice week, and even then, it will change half a dozen times before the first day.

Good luck!