plan B

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Jobsearching101, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Jobsearching101

Jobsearching101 Companion

Jul 28, 2009

How do I find online elementary schools to apply for? I've given up hope finding a district job here. I got rejected for my NC license- apparently I have to take an additional test and there's just no time left for that for this school year, we haven't sold our house, etc. So- we're staying here (which will be a LOT easier on the kids) and I need a job that I would be happy with. Teaching online would be so ideal for me...if you have any info, please help!

3. Simba

Simba Comrade

Jul 28, 2009

I don't have any information, but I wanted to say I was sorry NC didn't work out.

I admire your positive attitude regardless of your situation!

Hang in there!!

Good Luck!

4. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 28, 2009

I personally have never heard of online elementary schools. I have heard of online classes for both high school students and college students, esp. junior/community colleges. I think to teach at most junior/community colleges in my area, you must have a masters in the content area you wish to teach.

Good Luck with you job search :)

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 28, 2009

I'm sorry about the license. I haven't heard of online elementary schools, but maybe you can look into being a homebound teacher, going into student's homes who can't go to reg. schools.

6. Zanity

Zanity Rookie

Jul 28, 2009

check out http://workplacelikehome.com/ they are an online community for people that work from home. They have tons of resources one of which includes a folder for stay at home teachers/tutors. I personally have worked for brainfuse.com but am not sure how they hire as they changed the rules.

hth