Pizza Hut stinks!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Caesar753, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 11, 2007

So my hoosband worked late today and was going to pick up a P'zone from Pizza Hut on the way home. So when I call to place the carry-out order, the girl at Pizza Hut tells me that they're not doing P'zones anymore. While I'm on the phone with her, I'm looking at the Pizza Hut website (which is how I got the store phone number to place the order), and the P'zone is the first thing you see on the very first page!

Bah. :mad:

I reeeeeally wanted one.

3. Lyquidphyre

Lyquidphyre Comrade

Aug 11, 2007

This is kinda related... anytime we go through the Drive-thru at Taco Bell my bf will get a Code Red Mountain Dew and even tho it is CLEARLY on the drive thru menu they tell him they don't have it. You know why? Because the person would have to walk around the counter to fill the cup. Lazy people.

I'm sorry you didn't get your P'zone

4. Weazy

Weazy Comrade

Aug 11, 2007

I see commercials on T.V. for the P'zone at Pizza Hut EVERYDAY! Somebody just doesn't want to bother making it!:mad:

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 11, 2007

Maybe it is at participating locations only? I tried ordering a Cheesy Gordita Crunch (yuuummmmm) at a Taco Bell while out shopping one day (when they were the special of the month a while back) and they didn't make it for whatever reason. I was mad, too!

Or, maybe they ran out of the dough for it. One time my Pizza Hut ran out of the deep dish dough.

6. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2007

Have you ever been to a Popeyes Chicken that has run out of chicken? I have, several times. If there is a reason why they can't do it (running out of a necessary material) they should let the customer know.

Lyquidphyre-If they tried that on me I would park the car, go in and order my Code Red Mountain Dew. If they had it I would then inform them that my bf just ordered one at the drive through and I would be calling corporate. I would make sure to look at the names of the people who were serving me so I could turn them all in.

7. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 11, 2007

I laughed when I read this. How bizarre! :lol:

8. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2007

The funny thing is that they let you order and then tell you they don't have any chicken.

9. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Aug 11, 2007

ice cream

While on a weekend trip, we stopped for a treat at Baskin-Robbins. I asked for a chocolate ice cream soda, to be informed they had no chocolate ice cream. So I asked for strawberry-nope. Vanilla? Nope. We left and went to Dairy Queen! How can an ice cream parlor have no chocolate, strawberry or vanilla????

10. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Aug 11, 2007

Same thing happened to us at KFC.

11. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Aug 11, 2007

we have ordered the pizone and its kind of disapointing.

12. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Aug 11, 2007

OH or KFC is terrible for running out and we have a big order so we have left many a time disapointed.

13. ValinFW

ValinFW Comrade

Aug 11, 2007

That's probably the case, if it was getting close to closing time. My DH works for Pizza Hut while he's going to school. They only prep a certain amount of each item for each day.

14. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 11, 2007

No, they told me that they weren't doing them anymore at all. That's why it was so weird that I was looking at the website with the ad for the thing right there at that very second.

Oh well. We went to Subway instead, which is healthier anyway. :)

15. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Aug 11, 2007

We went to McDonalds once at 3 in the morning. It is a 24 hour one, mind you. We tried to order and they told us they weren't serving food for an hour. We were like "but you're open, right?
    "Yeah"
    "Why are you open then?"
    "I dunno."
    lol :lol:

16. Sagette

Sagette Companion

Aug 12, 2007

Boston Market does this a lot. They always sell out of their 1/4 white chicken for the individual meals. Umm, you're a chicken place, for goodness sake!

17. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 12, 2007

I called a Pizza Hut delivery & they told me that they were out of dough. If I wanted, I could call the other Pizza Hut, which was carry out or sit down, and get my pizza from there. Of course, that Pizza Hut was too far away.

How does a pizza place run out of dough. And no, it wasn't close to closing time, it was dinner time!

18. becky

becky Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2007

I have a kind of god Pizza hut story. This one time, our waitress was using Night Magic Evening Musk hand cream from Avon. It was so strong, the scent got on our forks, coffee mugs and napkins. It stuck even after we got home. I emailed Pizza Hut about it and they sent me a 5 or 10 dollar coupon. I recognized the scent immediately, because my boss used to drench herself in that stuff. You could smell her a mile away.

19. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 12, 2007

I LOVE Night Magic. :)

I once worked for a chicken place, and I was so embarrassed to tell customers we were out of chicken.

20. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 12, 2007

They still have the P'zones here too, and I keep seeing the ads. We went to a Mexican food place the other night that was out of fajita meat - every person that ordered had fajita meat in something and they didn't tell us until we had all ordered - even the person who ordered fajitas wasn't warned :rolleyes:

21. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel Comrade

Aug 12, 2007

This is not the first time I have heard of KFC running out of chicken. My weekend job is McDs and I think it is ridiculous when we run out of OJ, biscuits, bacon, etc. But KFC is built around chicken. Crazy!!

22. greenbean6

greenbean6 Companion

Aug 12, 2007

The P'zones are still available in my area, I've been thinking about trying them but now I'm not so sure. I do love their deep dish though! I have a sorta interesting Pizza Hut story... I don't know what they are like in other parts of the country but here they are extremely casual. So imagine my surprise when I was in Denmark to find a Pizza Hut that was considered fine dining. Fancy tablecloths, napkins, dinnerware, fine wines... people dressed up just to eat there!!!! Totally crazy! And I loved the "American style apple pie" the waitress recommended, that ended up being a type of popular apple cake I saw all over Scandinavia. :lol:

23. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

Aug 12, 2007

I have worked at 3 different Olive Garden locations as a host. We used to tell people if we were out of salad or breadsticks. You wouldn't believe the number of people who walk out because of that. I guess people really do go there for the salad and breadsticks. There were also a couple of times when I worked at one in Massachussetts that the managers sent me to Sam's Club. I needed to get chicken for the chicken parm. Ooopppss! I got the wrong kind of chicken...lol:lol: !!! That was funny. This restaurant was the worst run of the 3 I worked at so it was funny. I also had to get around 25 bottles of Pepsi or Coke because thay ran out of that also.

24. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 14, 2007

I've never been to an Olive Garden, but I'd sure leave Fazoli's if they were out of breadticks. :)

25. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 14, 2007

One time McDonalds was handing out drinks with no straws - for several DAYS! :O

26. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

Aug 14, 2007

What!?!?? How can you drink their drinks without a straw...lol:haha: ? That would be like me going to Dunkin Donuts and drinking my iced coffee without a straw.

27. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 17, 2007

I once ordered a salad at Burger King, to eat in & they had no forks! They offered to substitute a baked potato instead!

28. childcare teach

childcare teach Comrade

Aug 17, 2007

I HAD A SIMLER THING HAPPEN TO ME. MY HUSDAND ORDERED PIZZA FOR A LOCAL PIZZA PLACE AND SAID PLEASE DEVL. HE CALLED AT 7:05 AND THEY SAID IT WOULD BE THERE AT 745PM . AT 730 PMA THUNDERSTORM ROLLED AND LONG STORY SHORT IT WAS 10 30 PMNO PIZZA TWO BOYS WHO WERE VERY HUNGERY AND WE HAD NO POWER BUT THE PIZZA PLACE DID. I CALLED THE MANGER AT 830 AND SHE SAID OH LET ME CHECK ON IT AND CALL YOU BACK. SHE CALLED BACK AND SAID IT WAS NOT EVEN MADE YET AND IT TIME WAS 1030 PM

29. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Aug 17, 2007

GreenBean your story reminded me of when I was younger...We went to Minnesota. My grandma told us we would be going to Bob Evans in the morning. Bob Evans here in MI is a restruant. Mom told us we would just eat breakfast at Bob Evans. Cool...imagine our surprise when we walked into Bob Evans & it was a little touristy type shop....we were so HUNGRY!!!

30. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Aug 17, 2007

childcare teach: well at least you got it. We are in monsoon season here and they showed a Pizza Hut Delivery car that had gotten washed in the "wash" --- where heavy rain collects when it rains here, and he had been on a delivery run..... those people never did get their pizza!--- and the 70 man had to be rescued by fire rescue.

31. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 17, 2007

HEY you call it an Ice Cream Parlor. I thought I was the only one on here that did that. In the places defense. Sometimes the deliver truck doesn't bring your order. Which used to happen to me all the time. Except I would run to the local grocery store and grab what ever I was missing.