Pit bull.....yes or no?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ecteach, Jun 26, 2014.

1. ecteach

ecteach Devotee

Jul 6, 2014

That dog got adopted really quickly. So, we are waiting for another small pit puppy from the rescue group. It is a process, because they have to do a home visit. But, we are on the list. Puppies are hard to come by, but it's what we want. We want it to be a clean slate.

2. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Jul 6, 2014

:thumb: thanks for the follow up. regardless of my personal feelings about pits, i think it's excellent that you all are giving a homeless puppy an opportunity to be a part of your family. i've owned two dogs, one from a shelter, one from a breeder and while i loved them both, i always felt a special bond from my shelter dog and it made me feel good to give him a good home.

i feel like he appreciated the rescue as well because he was extremely loyal and whenever we were in separate rooms, he'd patrol the house, then come check in on me, before doing another patrol, then resting at the door of my bedroom. then 5 minutes later, he'd start again :wub:

3. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Jul 6, 2014

Glad to hear you'll be rescuing!

I have a rescue dog and like em I swear I can tell she's grateful. We got her when she was about 8 months and the first couple weeks when it was rainy and cold outside it seemed like she wanted to tell us "thank you".

Okay, that's enough sentiment from me today :)

4. bison

bison Habitué

Jul 7, 2014

Glad to hear you're rescuing as well! I'm sure your pup will be worth the wait. :) I'd keep an eye on surrounding shelters as well. I check mine periodically (I can't help it!) and there are sometimes litters of pitty mixes that show up.

5. Ponypal

Ponypal Comrade

Jul 7, 2014

Pit Bull??? YES! We had one for two weeks and we all loved him until we realized that my son was allergic to dogs.:( we had gotten him from a rescue center with the understanding that we could bring him back if things didn't work out. I bawled my eyes out when we had to return him.

I have always had great experiences with pit bulls. Goodluck with your search!