Pirate help!! Please!

Discussion in 'Fourth Grade' started by educ8or2000, Aug 17, 2007.

1. educ8or2000

educ8or2000 Rookie

Aug 17, 2007

Hi there...Okay, I didn't plan it this way...I had another idea I was working on...BUT..

I found a great book over the summer about a ship full of pirate bunnies. They end up "shipwrecking" and don't know what to do...except for the one bunny who has been reading the whole time. He saves the day by telling them what to do and they discover how important/fun reading is.

Our school theme is "Oceans of Possibilities" and I was working on "A Great Catch" for my classroom theme, but then I started thinking about my book and how cool pirates could be.

Is there anyone out there who can help with ideas??
    Please?? :)
    Oh yeah....school starts Wednesday!:eek:

Thanks soooo much!
    Holley

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 17, 2007

Someone asked about a pirate theme earlier this summer. I think the consensus here was that pirates might be too controversial, especially considering the violence and death associated with them.

I recommend not choosing a pirate theme, but I'm sure you can find a way to work them in (in a fun and hopefully non-controversial way). Perhaps a treasure ship or treasure island theme would work a little better.

4. patti2

patti2 Cohort

Aug 17, 2007

Our whole school did a pirate theme for the carnival last year and everyone loved it! With Capt Jack Sparrow around, the kids LOVE them!!! I think as long as you keep it at kid level it is just plain FUN! :) ARRRRRRRRGHHHH matey, go for it!!! :D