Pink Purses

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by cutNglue, Sep 30, 2011.

1. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Sep 30, 2011

I'm not a tomboy by any means but I don't have a closet full of shoes nor multiple purses, etc. My makeup supply is basic. I do like new clothes but even then I can be a bit too practical.

Recently I read a thread asking people about a pink purse that cost way more than I would ever spend on a purse. In fact, there seems to be many threads on expensive purses. My practical side says my purse should go with most everything in my wardrobe as much as possible (ie, neutral and boring). It shouldn't cost much. It should have plenty of places to organize stuff.

I started out with one that is just driving me crazy with the way it is designed and have been looking for something much more simple but still meets the organizational design I'm looking for.

Fast forward, I found a pink purse with white flowers. Think Hawaiian style and you'll get the picture. It definitely maybe only matches one outfit, if that, in my entire closet. It's loud and it is definitely not neutral. Hey, I met one of my criteria. It only cost $15. What the heck. Now I have a totally impractical looking purse that matches nothing and is loud to boot.

I've decided life is for living. Why stick myself in the narrow confines of neutrality. This island life is definitely good for me.

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 30, 2011

I don't worry about purses matching. I use the same one every day until its life is clearly over, so it will have a wide variety of backdrops over the months.

4. SandyCastles

SandyCastles Companion

Oct 1, 2011

The one I use every day is gigantic and bright pink! I love it... sometimes I change it for a darker red one. I agree, go with what you like and who cares about matching!

5. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Oct 1, 2011

I use a bright pink Vera Bradley purse everyday-in the cupcakes pattern. I use my purses until they wear out-unless we go out for really special occasion. I'll find a purse to match if we really dress up and go out.

6. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Oct 1, 2011

I have a few Coach purses - the smaller ones. I use them for nights out or when I have to get all gussied up. It's true; they do spend most of their lives in a dust bag in my closet, but I'll always have purse (that matches my outfit) for when I have to go out.

I got my everyday purse at the Bass Outlet for 80% off. LOVE that purse - it actually has enough pockets for a change!

And you're right - life is for living. If a purse or a pair of shoes are going to make you super happy, then go for it!

(Besides, I'm rather partial to the island/beach life myself!)

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 1, 2011

Life is far too short to not have something you can afford, simply because it doesn't match.

I can no longer use a leather purse or book bag, so I've become a fan of the Vera Bradle/ Donna Sharp style. My winter bags tend to be darker colors, my summer bags more vibrant. My book bag is blue and yellow and I love it!

Use your pink purse for as long as it makes you smile!!!

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 1, 2011

Enjoy that purse, cut! It's sounds fun and funky!:D

9. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Oct 1, 2011

Pink is my favorite color :) This year Hanes was/is selling a t-shirt to support breast cancer that says "you can never have too much pink." This t-shirt is now my new favorite shirt. :)

Enjoy that new PINK purse cut and as I always say "Pink goes with everything"

10. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Oct 1, 2011

Years ago I looked at a pink purse, but I didn't buy it because it seemed a little "young" for me. I said something about thinking I was too old for a pink purse. One of my girls (7th grade) said, "You're never too old for a pink purse." She said it with such commitment that I ended up buying the purse.

I have a bunch of things in the Vera Bradley Petal Pink, and I also have a pink leather hobo bag. I never match my purses to anything.

11. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Oct 1, 2011

Well I was out yesterday and got a random compliment! I'm liking that it is fun and eye-popping.

Ima, I love your story. I bet that made her day. I did once have a subtle tinkerbell purse. I figured if I was working with little kids, it was a great purse to have. It was still more practical than this one in terms of matchability. I guess I'm breaking out of my mold! What next? Jem's pink hair? Umm... maybe not but only because I'm brunette. :)

12. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Oct 2, 2011

Good for you! I'm another one who uses the same purse every day until it wears out. I love it. It's also a bright fuschia color. :) Makes me happy and people smile when they see it.

Enjoy your purse!