Pictures.

Discussion in 'Art Teachers' started by Securis, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Securis

Securis Cohort

Apr 27, 2009

Do any of you keep a photographic record of your student displays and work?

I do and was wondering if posting the results, sans any students, artwork only, would be interesting to anyone else?

3. sk8enscars311

sk8enscars311 Companion

Apr 28, 2009

There's a website built for doing just that. You can create a profile for each student, upload their work and then distribute the address to family members. They can become "fans", leave comments and even buy a whole load of things with the artwork printed on it. I can't remember the name but I can ask the art teacher if you're interested!

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Apr 28, 2009

I always love to see work from students other than my own. Post away! :)

5. Securis

Securis Cohort

Apr 28, 2009

The following pictures are a sampling of a culmination of study on X-ray Style Bark painting of the Indigenous People of Australia. I did this with my Kindergarten, First graders, and Third graders. The photos are from one Third grade class.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Apr 28, 2009

How did you get your images to post like that?! I can never get it to do it! It always ask for a website link...neer!

I also keep records, mostly for helping to keep my profile updated. I post alot on artsonia as well. Not b/c my kids ever go there..but we all know art teachers go there for ideas :D I've got like 100 images to upload..I just haven't gotten that far. lol

7. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Apr 28, 2009

hah! I love that fish ..that you took a big detail shot of. I like it much better from afar..you can appreciate it's funky shape!

The teacher before me always ordered those stupid do-a-dot stamper things. I keep telling myself Ineed to do some aborginal artwork to use them up...I don't think they'll ever go away I have so many!

8. Securis

Securis Cohort

Apr 28, 2009

I'm using Imageshack to host. It's free. They already provide you with the tags so that when you copy paste the link here, it's ready to go.

Artsonia? I've heard that somewhere before but haven't looked into it. I will tonight.

I've got a ton of photos but I'd not want to appear to eager to share. I tend to go full tilt and that sometimes puts people off so I temper my restraint when it occurs to me to do so. I really look forward to stealing....uhh.... seeing what your little artists are doing.

Edit - Brain before heart, every time. I meant to say thank you for the positive feedback.

9. sk8enscars311

sk8enscars311 Companion

Apr 28, 2009

artsonia! yeah that's what I was thinking of!

10. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Apr 28, 2009

All art teachers seem to go picture crazy. I love looking at photos of other kiddos work..especially when you hear the story behind it from the teacher or whatever. :D I'll have to look into that site to post photos. I lost a lot of my photos when my computer crashed in december. You definately need to look at Artsonia. LOADS of ideas if you ever get stuck :)