Pictures of Teacher's Lounge

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Jem, May 3, 2010.

1. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 3, 2010

Some of you know I've been working on re-decorating/organizing the teacher's lounge for Teacher Appreciation Week. Today was teh reveal, and it went over really well!

I don't have any before pictures, but picture class composite pictures on large canvases all over the walls and shelves, a huge Chinese New Year dragon mask on the microwave and just a small round table along the wall. The cabinets were all dusty and gross with old food and dishes. The couch has four different color and sized cushions on it-green, pink, blue and some other color.

Anyhow, it's all clean and organized and beautiful now. The photographs were taken by my team teacher-he's amazing!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

May 3, 2010

What a cute little area. Good job Jem. You're missing one thing though, a REALLY comfy recliner and a tv with a wii hooked up! :D

4. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

May 3, 2010

You always bring a touch of cozy to a place, Jem! That is really sweet, and I am glad you and the other teachers will have a wonderful place to be!

5. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

May 3, 2010

Good job! It sounds like it was a great improvement. Hope the other teachers appreciated it.

6. Mom-Ed.S.

Mom-Ed.S. Rookie

May 4, 2010

Good job, Jem! You have a strength in organizing and decorating. Hope you had fun sharing your talents. I'm sure the staff appreciates your generosity!

7. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 4, 2010

Thanks, all! I realized I forgot an extra 'P' on the poster-how embarrassing!-so I 'squared' it. The little 2 doesn't show up in the picture, though. I'll have to remake it for today.

8. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

May 4, 2010

what a lovely lounge! ours only has a soda machine and a couple tables. one nice thing we do, is bring in old magazines and books that we'd normally throw away. someone ends up reading and enjoying them.

9. Blue

Blue Aficionado

May 4, 2010

OH, Jem, this is wonderful. The small sofa looks great. Did you buy the cushions for it?

10. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 5, 2010

Yep-Pier One. They were a little pricey, but MUCH easier than carrying a new couch up those tiny stairs.

11. Blue

Blue Aficionado

May 5, 2010

The sofa looks so cute. It was worth it. I love the small stand holding the books, it would go great in my house.

12. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

May 5, 2010

Jem, it looks vey cute, so how did the others like it?

13. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 5, 2010

They loved it. One of the teachers told me she brought her lunch the past two days just so she could eat up there. I think that's a pretty good compliment! ;) I forgot to mention that I could NOT find a side table anywhere for the couch. I wanted it to be the blond wood so it would match the tables, but even the ones on Craigslist were about $70. So I chalked it up to a loss and figured I'd find one eventually.

I pulled up the the curb in front of the building on Monday (we're on a busy residential city street), and there was a blond wood Ikea side table sitting outside the house next to our school, free for anyone to take. Yoink! ;) So you can see it in the picture next to the couch. It was perfect and free! I'm still amazed by how well everything came together-my faith in God grows stronger every minute with this job.

I've been filling the lounge with goodies every day for the Teacher Appreciation week-bagels and cream cheese, donuts, etc. I don't think they realize this is a national week-I think they just think I'm doing it randomly! Ha.

14. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 5, 2010

...or that green Eddie Bauer one:eek:...looks like a tiny little loft...cozy and cute.

15. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 5, 2010

YES! That green couch, as much as I LOVED it, would NOT have fit. Sigh. I never thought of it as a loft, but it totally is!

16. oldfashioned

oldfashioned Comrade

May 5, 2010

Good heavens! In California, you sure have a lot of good, usable stuff left on the side of the street! On Hawaii streets, you'll only find people's nasty, broken, cast offs that no one would want to take home. Can you find other folk's good abandoned stuff on the road in other states too?

17. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

May 5, 2010

Love it, love it, love it. Great job!

18. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

May 8, 2010

Love it, Jem! You're so creative!!!