Pictures of my new classroom

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by vannapk, Nov 7, 2009.

1. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Nov 7, 2009

I finally got around to taking pictures of my new classroom, I'm slowly starting to add them to my website.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. RedVac

RedVac Rookie

Nov 7, 2009

Love the pictures! What books do you have in your dramatic play center?

4. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Nov 7, 2009

I have many books about food, homes, families etc, you can see some of the specific titles on the dramatic play page, just scroll down to the very bottom. I also have some menus from restaurants and some word rings with food names/pictures and writing pads.

5. TeaRoses4M&D

TeaRoses4M&D Rookie

Nov 8, 2009

Looks great! Everything is so organized!

6. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2009

Vanna,

First of all I want to thank you and say how much I appreciate the effort you have put into your website. I have used it a lot over the last few years. I must have missed something, though. I thought you were out of the classroom mentoring or am I mixing you up with someone? Anyway, I am certain you make a huge difference in the lives of the many children and teachers you help.

Thank you.

7. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Nov 8, 2009

I need to get some menus!

8. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Nov 9, 2009

Yes, you are correct, I am an instructional facilitator now, however I was fortunate enough to get a model classroom this year. I "borrow" a class and teach them in my classroom for several days at a time; all the pre-k teachers take a turn to come and observe. It's the best of both worlds because I get to work with both students and teachers.

9. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Nov 9, 2009

Chili's just changed their menus (again) you might want to try them because they just throw away the old ones. I know some teachers who have menus from IHop and Denny's, they have lots of good pictures.

10. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2009

Never thought of that...so, do you just go in there and ask for any of their old ones or what?

11. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Nov 9, 2009

Love the idea with the menus... even though they don't always have good pictures, I like to get the catering or to-go menus from other restaurans the kids frequent (panera, potbelly, mcdonalds' has a picture menu...) and laminate them. The kids have a great time "ordering" food from each other.

12. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Nov 14, 2009

Unfortunatly, I have spent 3 years getting my classroom the way it is --bright,cheerful, simplified and very functional---and now have been told I have to move to a classroom with no natural light--only harsh fluorescent lighting that hums loudly, all painted cement block walls, and narrow-- it's like a dungeon. The sounds from out side the room come right in even with both doors closed and ricochet all over my room--- spending the weekend moving things from one room to another--- any suggesstions appreciated to help with the lighting and the sound. I have already emailed my boss about diffuser sleeves and how lound the toddler room nap music is that I don't even need to play any because theirs sounds as loud in my room as I would play mine. All I got was "good ideas for the class"---

13. missnaebay

missnaebay Rookie

Nov 16, 2009

i love your room and i looovvveeee your site