PICTURES! FINALLY!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Jem, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Oct 22, 2008

2. xmasqueen

xmasqueen Rookie

Oct 22, 2008

I'd kill for a classroom that big! And all of those windows....WOW! We have small rooms and 2 very small windows. Our school building is only 10 years old so it was someone's bright idea that teachers didn't need those big ole rooms. (rolleyes) Your reading library is amazing....I thought I had a lot of books but you've got me beat.

3. TeachKids2Read

TeachKids2Read Rookie

Oct 22, 2008

[I love your word wall post-it idea! I am doing something similar on my "Math Words" board!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2008
  4. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Oct 22, 2008

WOW It's absolutely gorgeous! You have an incredible amount of storage, and your room is huge! Love the HP area - you were right, the chairs are perfect!

5. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Oct 22, 2008

Just so you know, your Reading Strategies Board Games- September 17, 2008 links to the poprock photos.

Otherwise, I had a ton of fun looking at your classroom photos. You are so lucky to have so much time to do that many hands on projects!!!! All I see going on at my schools is textbook and worksheet after textbook and workshop. They are fine, but in moderation!!!

6. nelleybelley123

nelleybelley123 Rookie

Oct 24, 2008

I love your room. Especially the little stage- perfect for readers theatre!

May I ask- how do you keep track of all of your books? Do you let students check out books to take home?

thanks!

7. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Oct 24, 2008

I love all the natural light that comes in to the room. I'd feel very welcome there if I were a kid.

8. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Oct 25, 2008

I use to be totally controlling about the books, but I've just let it go. My level label is in all of them, so they can find their way back to the room if they are left out in the school. And I just trust the kids to turn them in. Yes, I've lost several over the years. But I just replace them with bonus points. I also ask kids to donate books, and that sometimes replaces them. When you have so many, it's ok if a few get taken. Although two of my middle schoolers last year stole my only two Deathly Hallows books. I knew who they were, but they did not come back to the school ever after they took them. Sometimes I daydream that they are at home, skipping school, reading Harry Potter....