Picture pages for ESL student

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Ms.T, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Ms.T

Ms.T Comrade

Mar 8, 2007

I am wondering if anyone has a link to a website - or could e-mail me attachments - for thematic picture pages. I have an ESL student, and I want to give her pictures with labels.

For example, maybe there would be a drawing of a classroom with DESK, TABLE, PENCIL SHARPENER, etc. labeled. I'd like a bunch of different themes.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!:)

3. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Mar 8, 2007

You might find something off of one of these pages... I haven't been on the first one as much recently, although I saved it so I liked it at one point. I know the 2nd link has TONS of pictures for just about anything... based off Boardmaker, which is a program used especially by special ed. folks to make visuals for kids who need them. If your district has this program, you can probably find any vocab word you need. :)

http://www.do2learn.com/
    http://trainland.tripod.com/pecs.htm

4. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Mar 9, 2007

This isn't specifically what you asked for, but I would look into a series of books for ELL called Look, Listen, & Speak (Grades 1-3 by Evan-Moor). I used some of these for vocab building with my autistic kids--they come with a poster, a story book, songs/chants, games, picture cards, a CD-Rom for interactive actvities, etc. I have the community and grocery store one--they have At School, At Home, etc. Check them out, they might be helpful.

5. Ms.T

Ms.T Comrade

Mar 9, 2007

Thanks! I will check all of this out. :)