picture ideas??

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by kem, May 10, 2007.

1. kem

kem Companion

May 10, 2007

I know that I posed the question on a personal wedding gift a while ago, but now my friend (another bridesmaid) and I have narrowed down our gift idea to something involving pictures. The bride and groom are both college friends of ours, and my friend and I are both in the wedding. Has anyone seen any cute, creative ideas for something involving pictures? FYI, I'm not the craftiest person : )Thanks!!

3. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

May 10, 2007

Do you have any old picture of the couple getting married? Framed, they make nice gifts with a personal touch.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 11, 2007

This one will take some doing:

How about contacting their parents. Ask for a copy of THEIR wedding picture, maybe even grandparents or siblings. Frame each of them, or put them in an album. (Reserve the first page for the newlyweds.)

We have a wall full of pictures like that, including my grandparent's wedding picture. I love it!!

5. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

May 11, 2007

When my childhood best girlfriend celebrated her 25th. wedding anniversary, I had a picture of me and her in our play wedding dresses when we were 5 years old...I framed it for her! We were soooooo cute back then!!! SHe always wore these little red rubber boots for play, even with the wedding dress!

6. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

May 11, 2007

How many pictures do you have. You could make a slideshow for them and even show it at the weeding. Can you ask their parents for pictures of them younger while they were dating. You can even scan their parents wedding pictures and include them.

7. kem

kem Companion

May 11, 2007

Thanks for the ideas! We were also thinking of a slide show, but no one seems real sure if the couple is already doing one, or if the other 200 guests would enjoy watching our drunken college pictures : ). Does anyone have any fast/easy programs that they have used for slide shows? It's definitely an idea still in the running.

8. msjustice

msjustice Rookie

May 11, 2007

i love power point for slideshows

9. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 11, 2007

Just my 2 cents:

I would avoid the slideshow. Very often at weddings, family members who haven't seen each other in AGES get together to celebrate. I wouldn't interrupt their partying to show slides. Something the newlyweds can go over together and reminisce, that's different.

10. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

May 11, 2007

I made a collage for my bf one year... used doubles of pictures or scanned them in and made copies, both of places we'd been, friends, goofy things, plus some "inside joke" clipart and stuff. I arranged it all on a piece of scrapbook paper, titled it, and framed it. He really likes it. Maybe they'd like something like that?