Picture day question

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by John Lee, Mar 8, 2018.

1. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Mar 8, 2018

So, I’m unexpectedly supppsed to miss picture day with my class. I really would like to be there for it, but I’ll be gone that day. Has anyone here had any arrangements for this contingency? This is for the group picture, not the individual one. I don’t care about that.

3. Hokiegrad1993

Hokiegrad1993 Comrade

Mar 8, 2018

Is it possible to ask when they have the make-up day that they take your class then?

John Lee and czacza like this.
  4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 8, 2018

Make up day is best idea, if feasible.

John Lee likes this.
  5. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Mar 8, 2018

I had a miniature football on my desk with my team logo. Because I could not be there for the day, I had one of my students hold it in their hand in such a way that it was not apparent at first glance. They all knew my spirit was with them. :)

John Lee likes this.
  6. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Mar 8, 2018

Thanks for feedback. I wish there were a make-up day, but I don't think they do that for the class photo. I think they only do it for the individual photos, and I think they do it in the Fall anyway. :(

7. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Mar 30, 2018

Nowadays Lifetouch, local photographer here - does everything digitally. Get their number and call them. In my experience, the group/class photo is just a head shot. They can get you on another day and I’m sure they can add you. Usually offer retake day 2 weeks after for absent kids and parents who hate their kids’ proofs.

If it is a full, head to toe pose with entire class, you may have to wait for Spring. Those 2nd pictures are for make ups, new kids, and I was told - essentially a fund raiser for the school. That’s why they have all those toys/balls for props.

8. TrademarkTer

TrademarkTer Groupie

Mar 30, 2018

I've been teaching high school for 6 years, and I've managed to avoid being photographed for the yearbook all 6 yeras :) Good luck to you dodging them!