Pics of my room

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by JaimeMarie, Aug 4, 2010.

1. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 4, 2010

My room when I first arrived
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I started working on it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My mom is going to make a curtain to cover the books that are above the coat area. And if I have enough money I may have her make matching curtains for the windows.

3. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Aug 4, 2010

excellent!! do you like your trapezoid tables? I have them too, but do not love them.

4. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Aug 4, 2010

Wow, your storage is amazing!

Just a little tip for the storytown materials: If you do not want your books to be taking up so much space (the ELL, red, green, and blue boxes), put them in cubby bins (like the yellow and blue ones I see in the same picture). I put the red books in a red bin, blue books in a blue bin, etc. and they take up so much less space! All of the books from one big storage box fit in one tiny little bin.

Your room looks great so far! :)

5. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 4, 2010

Mom2ohc, I do like the trapez because each child has their own space an no fighting over where their table spots are. I use the tables were a little bigger so the handwriting books would all fit. But I do like them better then the rectangle tables. I had four trapez and one rectangle for two years. Last year I switched out the rectangle for two more trapezs.

Driving,
    I did that with the blue decodable readers books. The only reason I haven't done it with the others is because we had to keep them all together as is last year (pilot year). And now this year I haven't decided how I want to do it. I like that I can grab the ones I need with out digging. Maybe I should just put them into the bins. Then I could fit them on the shelves in the back of the room instead of on top of it on the counter.

6. MissKinderK

MissKinderK Rookie

Aug 4, 2010

Nice!! Did they leave that easel for you? I am wondering if my room is going to have one in it already. What is the beehive in the one picture? I believe you were the one who posted about doing a bee theme? I am too :)

7. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 4, 2010

All K teachers at my school have an easel. There are six of us.
    On the hive it says Busy Bee Job chart. I'm going to put flowers around it with jobs on them: line leader, door holder, star of the week, electrician, trash helper, table cleaner, floor sweeper, messengers.......
    I will have the children's names on bees.

8. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Aug 4, 2010

Your room looks great, Jaime!

9. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Aug 4, 2010

Yeah, it's pretty much all just personal preference...I actually just took everything out of the other box (the one with the picture cards, HF word cards, etc.) and put it in my cupboards. It all fit nicely into 2 baskets and takes up very little space now. I still keep the big books and library books in the big storage house.

10. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 4, 2010

I like that storage house thingy. And love that they are in those big baggies.

11. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 4, 2010

It looks great. What a nice, big room. How many students will you have?

12. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Aug 4, 2010

I love your room. Windows! Trapezoid tables! Built in storage! Seriously, I would love to teach there :)

13. dxj6482

dxj6482 Rookie

Aug 4, 2010

Wow! Your room looks GREAT!!!!! How long does it take to set up? We can only get into our school on the 23rd, and kiddos come on the 30th. Of course, we also have tons of Professional Developments to go to also. I'm worried about time!

14. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 4, 2010

It took me from 8 to 10:30 and 12:30ish to 2:30ish. The second half I had my two cousins in helping me.

15. jenglish97

jenglish97 Devotee

Aug 4, 2010

Your room looks great so far! I worked on my room today from 9:30 to about 1:00. I worked on putting up bulletin board paper. I have a love of little areas that needed to be covered. Took a while but am glad that I have the paper up now.

I am not going back until August 26th. I am going away for 2 weeks and have other things to get done with before heading back. Just very happy that the paper is up!

16. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Aug 4, 2010

Thanks everyone.

Daisy, my room actually isn't very big. I think it is just the camera angle.

17. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Aug 4, 2010

NICE ROOM!!!

I like my trapezoid tables... I've made them into one long table, I've semi-circled them around, I've just spread them out...

18. iloveschool

iloveschool Companion

Aug 4, 2010

Love the room! Can't wait to see it when it is finished! Hoe did u get the pics to post? I can't seem to do it.