physics question for science subtest

Discussion in 'Multiple Subject Tests' started by CalTeacher, Mar 1, 2005.

1. CalTeacher

CalTeacher Rookie

Mar 1, 2005

I've been reviewing physics for the science subtest I. The study guide says you need to perform simple calculations in regards to motion, velocity, and acceleration, both for straight line motion and circular motion. My question is, what equations do I know to know to solve these problems. There are a lot of different ones to explain motion. From the simple velocity=change in positon/change in time to more complicated ones like:
    x(distance)=v(initial)t + 0.5at(squared)
    with circular velocity there is v=2pier/t and then more complicated equations including the angular velocity and tangential velocity and acceleration.

Does someone know the equations that are important to memorize? All these equations are driving me crazy!!!

3. mellowyellow

mellowyellow New Member

Mar 2, 2005

I took the Science Subtest I last summer and passed. From what I remembered, they didn't ask many physics questions requiring calculations. I was kind of stressed out because the text I was using as study guide was "Conceptual Physics" and it didn't have many calculations. Plus, I never took any physics in college. But I ended up passing! Basically, you just need to remember the SIMPLE calculations so don't worry about the more complicated equations.