Physical Traits That Embarass You...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by mom2sands, May 7, 2008.

1. Sheila

Sheila Comrade

Jul 2, 2008

I have a club foot and can only wear tennis shoes. Even to weddings! I did find out that I can wear the croc type shoes for a little while.

I would love to get rid of the tummy! I am overweight and there is where it goes! I am signing up for the YMCA so I can do water aerobic classes to fight the battle of the tummy!

2. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 2, 2008

I actually did get some extensions that I can clip in. But I cheaped-out and didn't get the real hair, and now I can't curl it. And it's even straighter than my real hair. Boo. They've been sitting in a drawer since I took them out after buying them.

3. sherri0318

sherri0318 Rookie

Jul 2, 2008

my thing is my teeth - they're crooked and I have this yellow spot that looks like a kernel of corn on one of the lower ones in front (it's the craziest thing)- SOOOOOOOOOOOO many kids comment on the yellow spot and it really puts me in an uncomfortable situation.......I've been wanting to straighten my teeth FOREVER, but I will not do braces - and for some reason I haven't looked into other alternatives. :(

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 2, 2008

My best friend and my sister-in-law have used Invisalign. My best friend used it because she had a fairly pronounced gap in between her front two teeth; my SIL used it because her teeth were pretty crooked.

Both have had amazing results. Their teeth are completely straight and gap-free. My SIL is still wearing hers for a couple of months still, and you honestly cannot tell when she has it in. It really is completely invisible!

I hear it's pretty spendy, but it might be worth looking into.

5. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jul 2, 2008

My biggest complaint is my double chin (thanks Dad). I too had braces, but I wore my retainer like I was suppose to. I was then told that I didn't have to wear it any more. Yup, my teeth have moved. I actually think if I had the $ I'd fix my teeth before my chin.

I have crooked toes that as a teenager bothered me. Now I'm just particular about the sandals I wear. I usually can't wear the strappy sandals as they hit my little toe wrong.

My left ankle is just like my mother's and her mother! My left thumb is just like my mother's too.

I need to lose about 5 more pounds. And I'll take extra boobs. I just would like to be a size B, not an almost B, a full B.

6. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jul 2, 2008

My left boob is bigger too! Unlike your husband Cassie, my boyfriend always tells me it. He doesn't mind, its more of a joke.

I have to always wear a bra because of it or else it is very noticeable. And if it is cold and no bra, then it is REALLY noticeable.

7. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 3, 2008

And they don't deflate?? I know they grow big during preg, but once you're done breastfeeding, they shrink. That's what I'm afraid of too. I can't afford to lose what I have. :rolleyes:

8. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 3, 2008

My friend lost hers after she had her 3 boys. She was a small A and now she has absolutely nothing. She looks like a 4 year old wearing a bra. She is very petite (I am sure she wears the same size as some of her first grade students) and says that she has gotten used to them.

9. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jul 3, 2008

Big boobs are not so wonderful... beleive me.. I want a reduction.

10. sherri0318

sherri0318 Rookie

Jul 3, 2008

thanks so much for the encouragement - I actually called and made an appointment for next week to do invisalign! :) I'm not worried about the price - I figure it's gonna be worth it for me to FINALLY not be embarassed to say "Cheese" for a picture! :)

Of course the lady at the dentist's office said not EVERYONE is a candidate for Invisalign......which would be just my luck :(

11. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jul 3, 2008

Even if you aren't a candidate, there are other ways, so don't give up hope. I had crowns put on the front teeth -- my teeth crossed over each other, and the crowns took care of that and made them look nice and straight. Just a thought -- something you might want to look into. I got the crowns on all of my front teeth because my teeth were extremely discolored from a medication I took as a baby.

12. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Jul 3, 2008

I'm 5 feet 10 inches and I like being tall, but sometimes it feels like the whole world is short except me. My 18 year old daughter is also 5'10" so I need to show her the positives of being tall, (i.e. you look like a super model!) :)

13. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 3, 2008

I knew that my hair was very, very thin . . . and then I saw a picture someone took of me when we were outside in bright sunlight. I looked BALD. :eek:

I worried and fussed over it for about six months, and then I just took the plunge and bought myself soem hair. People who hadn't seen me in awhile thought I'd lost weight. :lol:

As for positives, I get compliments on very odd things: small feet with even toes . . . straight teeth/smile . . . my naturally white-tipped fingernails . . . my make-up . . . and, strangest of all to me, my small ears. :confused:

14. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Jul 3, 2008

I want to avoid the wigs for awhile....they make what hair you have fall out, or so the doctor said. Besides, a good wig is expensive and I can't decide on a style. :lol:

I get compliments on my smile and my name...guess Trinda is kinda unique :rolleyes:

15. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jul 3, 2008

I get a lot of compliments on my smile, but I don't see why it's so great. In every picture I look like I've got gas or maniacal. People say I take good photos (photogenic, not me behind the lens) but I'm not so sure. I think I'm very average in the looks department.

16. iteachm123

iteachm123 Comrade

Jul 3, 2008

Gaining weight, losing weight, gaining weight, well, you know the roller coaster ride. It's taken a toll on my butt. You've heard of muffin top (boobs that stick up above the bra)? I have muffin butt. The top of my butt has a wedge and the bottom part is more flat. Everytime I gain weight, look out! Here comes the muffin butt!

17. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 3, 2008

:lol::lol:

I laughed so hard when I read this. I have it too, only I call it my butt shelf.

Eh, what can you do. :blush:

18. iteachm123

iteachm123 Comrade

Jul 3, 2008

Last night when I was bending over to kiss my 3 yr old son good night, my 4 yr old son said, "Mommy, you got a big butt!" What could I say! He's right! I just told him I was sorry for my butt getting in his way. He forgave me. God love him!

19. DaTeach

DaTeach Comrade

Jul 3, 2008

Well, my turn!
    negatives: I have UC and have to run to the bathroom a lot...it is very embarrassing!
    I am overweight and have 2 spare tires
    I have size 11 feet...nothing I can do about that!
    I have a wide flat butt, but my husband likes it!
    I also have a double chin and big legs. I was so glad when bermuda shorts came into style. I wear shorts again, and people will just have to deal with the large calves!
    I am very pale...wear self-tanner....then get that dirty build up around the ankles and knees! I am at the age where I care less and less what people think (46)
    Plain face...people see me without makeup and think I have the flu!
    I have terrible mannerisms when I talk. I have a heavy Southern accent, but my grammar is excellent, so what!
    Positives: nice green eyes, nice smile, friendly, tall, so I can camo. some of the fat! nice hands if you overlook the age spots! nice shoulders, good hair

I think we are our own worst critics. My husband constantly tells me how beautiful I am. I wish I could see me through his eyes! All I see are flaws, flaws, flaws!

Everyone is beautiful in their own special way. I believe that!

20. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Jul 4, 2008

I don't worry if I have back fat, a butt shelf or am totatlly bald in the back. I can't see it, so it doesn't exist. :lol:

21. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 5, 2008

It's called engorgement. The breasts get ready for you to feed your baby. If you decide not to breastfeed, you have to take medicine to dry them up. But the day after delivery...KA-BOOM, mine were out there! I think if you continue to breastfeed, they stay a size larger, and naturally that is a whole other chapter because you need breast sheilds, and a pump and bras with a little pocket, and tops that slip off. So I don't know if that really makes a difference. I tried but couldn't do it.

I think if you keep extra weight, it stays all over, and if you lose, you lose all over. But a certain percentage of your weight gain 20-30 lb (they now say you should gain) does go directly to the boobs by last trimester and up until 3 months afterwards. Remember, the baby is no more than 6-9lbs.

22. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 5, 2008

have you tried Serenity or Poise? I tried them for the laughter leak, and the gotta-go leak. Felt it is was cheaper to buy a pack of those than more kotex-which didn't work well so, heck just use them for both reasons. :crosseyed

23. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 5, 2008

My hair has gotten thicker!

I have 3, from $150-$250. I probably spent that much in cuts & styling stuff. LOL

24. SarahJ

SarahJ Companion

Jul 6, 2008

I restrict my diet as much as possible. No raw milk or raw milk products, limited cooked milk products, limited gluten products (I have to, here gluten/lactose/wheat etc free is often more than double the price!), limited citrus fruits, no refined foods (ie white sugar) etc. I also try not to eat any food with artificial colourants and flavourants. My excema is also caused by a change in weather or temp, change in water (ie moving to a different area and the water supply is different), synthetic materials in clothing and linen etc, washing powders (have to use pure soap, no softeners and rince twice), body soap, stress (hmmm, imagine no stress and being a teacher lol!!!) etc etc. Its really chaos!

I use cortizone creams for really bad bouts of itching. Otherwise I alternate between using a moisturing cream, grapeseed or almond oil, aqueous oil, vaseline or at night, really expensive night cream for face which I put ALL over my body (usually only once a month but it does help coz it is a very rich moisturiser) And I moisturise my hands daily, and usually the rest of me twice daily after every shower and during the day.

25. SarahJ

SarahJ Companion

Jul 6, 2008

On a positive though...I have really beautiful hair. Its auburn with some really natural copper/red streaks, long, naturally wavy/curly.

26. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 6, 2008

I worked with twins who had really bad excema when they were in kg. They lived on pork, rice, rice milk and water (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Their mom made them rice krispy squares as a snack but I am unsure as to how she got the rice krispy's to stick together (there did not appear to be any marshmallows in it). On special occasions they were allowed to have a juice box and a lollipop. I felt so sorry for them :(. Their doctor wanted their mom to introduce more foods in their diet to see if they had a reaction, but their mother refused. I saw them later on when they were around the 3rd grade and their skin worked great!

I worked with another little boy who had it too and his mother took away dairy and wheat from his diet. I couldn't believe all of the things that I did not think had wheat in it - licorice, ketchup... He loved it when I took him to McDonald's and told him he could have a package of ketchup. He'd look like it was Christmas morning and the staff would look at us like we were weirdos :lol:!

27. Lindsay.Lou

Lindsay.Lou Companion

Jul 6, 2008

I'm tall (for a woman). I'm 5'10". Put even a 2" heel on me and I'm 6'. Plus, I'm on the thin side, which I think makes me look even taller. I hate talking to really short men or women. They make me feel like a giant! (Men who are shorter than me is worse! Makes me feel like a circus freak!) I'm really insecure about it. I'm loving the new trend of ballet-flat style shoes!

28. Lindsay.Lou

Lindsay.Lou Companion

Jul 6, 2008

I hate you!
    :lol:

29. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jul 6, 2008

I'm not sure if this count, but I just found two new frames for glasses that I love! One is rectangular with blue snake skin print stems and the other is metal with kind of cats-eyes shape, but not as pronounced as was popular in the 60's. I bought both because I couldn't settle on just one.

30. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Jul 7, 2008

Lindsay Lou, be PROUD of your height. You will appear confident and self assurred. I am the same height as you and people always tell me "you are so lucky to be tall!" And men who are comfortable with their height, whatever it may be, and are not intimidated by taller women appear self assured and even sexy. I remember I had a boss who was shorter than me but he didn't care, and I didn't care and we both saw each other as the smart and self assured people we were.