Physical Traits That Embarass You...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by mom2sands, May 7, 2008.

1. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 10, 2008

I just want them to take the fat off my belly and inject it into my boobs. Kill two problems with one surgery!!

2. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 10, 2008

They do that don't they?

Listen, that fat around the waist gets worse when you turn 40 and your hormones start to change. Even if you weigh the same, you sort of lose your waist.

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 10, 2008

Ummmmm, way too late for that advice. In years and looks.

4. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 10, 2008

oops!

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 10, 2008

Ya know, I've just come to the conclusion that life is too short to worry about it.

6. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

May 10, 2008

Amen sister!

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

May 10, 2008

Amen!!

8. jenngugs

jenngugs Companion

May 10, 2008

I probably most self-conscious about my legs- I have chicken legs! My knees always look too wobbly in shorts, so I don't wear them.

9. becky

becky Enthusiast

May 10, 2008

I've got scoliosis, so one side of my back is rounded. It's more pronounced when I bend over.

10. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

May 10, 2008

I have the opposite problem. I have genetically odd shaped calves (my physiotherapist looked..and looked at them and all he could say was "oh" -- so embarrassing) and I have extra-large thighs. I buy pants to fit my thighs not my waist. Unfortunatly over the last couple of years, my waist has been catching up to my thighs :eek:hmy:.

11. jw13

jw13 Groupie

May 10, 2008

Me too! I can't wear open back dresses, and I am sensitive to it when I am in a bathing suit.

12. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

May 10, 2008

I also hate my big boobs. The seem to have a life of their own.

I also dream of tanks without bras, no indentations on my shoulders from bra straps, no safety pin between the buttons on a button up shirt, bras with 2 hooks not 20....

When I was pregnant with my first child my boobs were bigger than my stomach for most of the pregnancy. I had to go to a business dinner with my husband. I got all dressed up and we went to a rib joint. Well, the waiter set the plate down in front of me and miscalculated. I ended up with a bar-b-cue sauce stripe across my huge boob. I wanted to die! So did the waiter and every one else at my table.

13. smile

smile Companion

May 11, 2008

I have an irregular toe. one of my toes ("ring" toe) on my left foot is raised up and smaller than an average "ring" toe. I am VERY self-concious about showing off my feet. I don't buy shoes that shows too much toes. I can't buy cute sandals :(. I try to hide it as much as i can. I'm afraid to polish my nails (which will get the attention of others) and get a pedicure. Going to my friends' house that requires taking your shoes off, does not help.

14. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

May 11, 2008

Smile, I have the ugliest feet in the world and live in the sandal capital of the world. I learned to just live with my ugly feet. You'd be suprised how many people DON"T look that closely. I wear sandals all the time, and people tell me all the time they didn't realize how bad my toes and toenails were until I pointed it out.

15. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

May 11, 2008

and we all break out and dance..

doing the butt...
    mercy mercy
    ain't nothing wrong
    with doing the butt
    all night long...

;)

16. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

May 11, 2008

ringworm and pimples!!!

I am almost 49, and I still get pimples, especially a week before that time of the month.

And..I have ringworm that just won't go away! My face looks like a road map, and I want to scream. how the h*ll am I supposed to look for a job looking like this!!

I have tried everything under the sun, and this ringworm just seems to travel.. I am convinced the buggers jump on my pillow at night and then make new ones on other side of my face. :(

I may leave preschool forever!

somebody HELP.

the only thing I ever used that work was Lotrisome. But I can't seem to get a dr to prescribe anymore because they don't believe me when I tell them it's ringworm...like only kids get it?!

yes, I tried Blue Star Ointment

and a dab of bleach

bandaids don't work...it truly thrives when covered.

clear nail polish...I should be sick as a dog by now..

saturday, I tried some Neutrogena peel off mask with benzoly peroxide, but left dabs on the spots and did not wash it off. It seems to have made scabs... but I am still fighting the pimples!

Help! :help::help:

17. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

May 11, 2008

I worked with a teacher that had really mis-shapened toes and they were unbelievably short. She had a big toe and the rest of her toes were the same size. She also barely had toe nails -- if they weren't painted you would not even know they were there. BUT she went for pedicures every week and always wore sandles.

18. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

May 11, 2008

I've had 3 c-sections and a hysterectomy. When they sewed me bac together, they sewed me up lopsided. You know that dark line that goes from your belly button down to the pubic bone when you're pregnant? Now that line doesn't go straight down, it veers about an inch to an inch and a half to left. That makes the left side of my belly a bit larger than the other side!

I'm on a mission to loose weight so that it's not so noticeable. I've lost 20 pounds so far, but my tummy is still lopsided!!!:(

19. Teach2reach

Teach2reach Rookie

Jul 1, 2008

My height was something I was very self-conscious about. I'm 5'9...as I get older, I'm starting to adjust to it & see the positive side.

20. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 1, 2008

If I could get rid of one thing it'd be my double chin. I've had it forever, even when I was young/thin, and now it's horrible. I hate it.

21. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jul 1, 2008

Hmmmm need I say anything?

22. Teach2reach

Teach2reach Rookie

Jul 1, 2008

Can I hijack this thread...Let's list all of our POSITIVE traits...

I'll start...
    my hair

Irishdave your turn! B+

23. dragonfly05

dragonfly05 Companion

Jul 1, 2008

Well, I really have no reason to complain about anything. But, what bothers me the most is how white I am. Seriously...I am as white as a piece of paper. I refuse to go to a tanning salon...I have light hair and eyes, so I am already at a higher risk for skin cancer. I have to put sunscreen on if I will be in the sun for more than an hour or else I will burn! I hate that I burn so easily, it really sucks. Plus, people always make comments on how pale I am. In all honesty though, I do love my fair skin...just wish it was more accepted.

24. dragonfly05

dragonfly05 Companion

Jul 1, 2008

Positives? I like way too many things about myself. I know how that sounds...but it's true. :lol: I only tend to complain about how I look when I compare myself to other people and we all know that comparing is a big no-no. ;)

25. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 1, 2008

well; I wouldn't mind listing my positive traits; but I am enjoying this thread too much.
    I guess it feels good to get things off one's mind. :lol:

I wish I could get rid of my double chin; I have considered surgery, but I am such a chicken!
    I also have a big belly! yucko! My skinny friend/coworker eats more than I do and I'm bigger! :lol:

I have a whole big list, but for now those are the two things that are bothering me right now.

I need a hug and here's one for everyone else. :hugs:
    :love:

26. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jul 1, 2008

Ugh I have a lot. I have a serious lung disease that has made me on prednisone my whole life everyday in large amounts. I also have a large barrel chest because of my lungs so I have an apple body.

I can't get anything to fit because my chest (but not my boobs) is too big and my shoulders are broad. Not even bras fit.

And I have wrinkly hands and feet from this disease also:(

And someone once said that they have never seen anyone with a butt like mine, it is that flat.

you know, it does make me feel better that other people have things they don't like also. :) I am sure we are all over analyzing and it is not as bad as well all think:)

27. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jul 1, 2008

I need to add acne to my list of undesirable traits. I have had acne off and on since adolesence, generally at certain times of the month. I thought things were getting better since I have only had one or two small pimples each month (if any) since January or so, but then last week I got three whoppers; huge nasty whiteheads that bled when they finally broke open. Now I get to look at the scars for the next year.

28. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

Jul 1, 2008

Are they still being passed around?

Gosh, are the boobs still being donated? Pass some my way please :2up: I've always wanted to be a C cup. It's so depressing now. I didn't mind it so much in college because I was really thin, 103 pounds to be exact. Then....I met my DH. In our first year of marriage, I went from a skinny 105 to still okay, but can't wear any of my old clothing, to 115. Now, we're into our 4th year of marriage and I'm struggling to stay under 126. :unsure: So now, my boobs don't match my body anymore. :sorry: It's like my stomach is competing for first place.

And what bothers me even more is that he started going to the gym and is already getting buff after TWO WEEKS! I've been running my bum off outside, in the middle of the day, in 95 degree weather, and nothing! Not a thing! It's so depressing. :huh:

On top of that, we're talking about having kids in a little under a year and half, and I want them so bad. BUT my boobs are small enough now. What if they deflate after having the baby? I'll be left with little knobs. :eek: And then my stomach will be named as a new state. :(

I do have some pluses, but right now I'm ticked off about working out and not seeing anything in exchange. I mean, come one, drop me some crumbs please. :wub:

(+) I've always had a healthy-sized bum. I'm known as one of the "sis-tahs" at work. :p They've always admired my shape....hmmm, why can't I? Perhaps if I can stuff the stomach into a bottle and throw it in the ocean, I could. I can make it talk you know?
    (+) I love my hair, especially after I just shampooed it and let it air-dry. Throw in some mousse and the waves just come alive everywhere!
    (+) I have pretty eyes, hazel. They change with my mood though. My DH has learned when to stay away now.
    (+) I'm assertive, aggressive, and have no problem speaking my mind, and I'm proud of it! When my DH or friends try to get out of something, I always tell them blame it on me. I don't mind being the bad guy. It's a good thing I'm used to it since we're planning on having kids soon!
    (+) What else? I've never had a pimple. :p But I do have skin condition that causes my skin to dry out so bad that it hardens, bleeds, and then peels, revealing even better skin :p Very painful process. I wonder if that's how my cockroaches feel when they molt. :confused:
    (+) My fingernails grow really fast as does my hair, at all times of the year.

That's all the pluses I can think of, but I came up with 6.

29. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jul 1, 2008

I spent most of my life trying to live with the way I walk. I was born with a disability -- and not only was one leg about 3 inches longer, which gave me a very prounouced limp, I also had bilateral hip dysplasia, which made me have a rolling, waddling gait. As the kids I went to school with so "kindly" told me, I waddled like a duck. (Boy that was great for my self-esteem!)

I'd be just fine until I'd catch a glimpse of myself in a shop window or something. That just couldn't be me! It didn't fit my self concept at all.

Now, many, many years later, 19 reconstructive surgeries and 2 total hip replacements later -- years of physical rehab and physical therapy -- and I still walk "funny" -- but not as conspicously. But now, I'm lucky I walk. My disability is degenerative, and it gets harder and harder for the doctor to patch me back up each time.

I have to keep reminding myself that it in the grand scheme of things, this can't really be all that important. I almost believe it until some idiot will stare at me, or some little kid points and says in a loud voice, "Mommy.. why does that lady walk so funny?' (I know they don't know any better.. I just smile.. but it kills me inside everytime.)

30. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jul 1, 2008

Pass some onto me when you get them!!!! I'm barely an A!!!! :eek: I am the same way. I'm tiny and skinny. I've started working out and seen some great changes in my body.

(+) My husband also says how cute my hips and waist ratio is. I have very curvy body, even though I'm very skinny.

(+) I have nice eye color. It's brown and blue and green.

(+) I don't have to pluck my eyebrows.

(+) I really like my ears. :D I should be an ear model.

(+)

(-) what I mentioned above- teeny chest. Difficult to find bras that fit the boobs and the chest.

(-) My pinky toe on each side of my foot are weird.

(-) Bad hair day everyday.

(-) acne since 10. BUT, it has gotten better. I found that tea tree oil seems to really help prevent more outbreaks. I now break out maybe 2 zits a month, whereas before it would be 5-10.

(-) I must have sweet blood because I'm always the one to be attacked by mosquitoes.

(-) I HATE my nose. It's so European. I got it from my dad. It's kinda long and has a small bump.

(-) I hate how bad my eyesight is.

Whew! I'll stop there!

31. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 2, 2008

I've have wondered all of my life, why people wanted to get a tan. I was happy being brown, so I couldn't understand why anybody would not like the skin they were in. It seems to me that we are all different, in one way or another. That makes us unique.

I never understood the concern over sunburns or knew that I needed sunscreen. I moved to LA and turned three shades darker. When I came back to IL, I went back to my old shade. Guess it's all about your environment.

dragonfly, I would not let others irk me with their comments. When they say something like that, I would immediately attack them with something that is 'different' about them. That should shut them up!

Or, tell them you saw the play "Wicked" and you are thinking about turning green.

Then walk away!

32. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Jul 2, 2008

My parents always tell me that I look too pale and to go lie out in the sun. My mom tells me NOT to wear sunscreen. And my dad had skin cancer!

I also like my pale skin, nuts to them:)

33. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 2, 2008

Funny, because I joke that I have to wear so much padding that my bras could walk across the room and pick up guys on their own. Just last night I was talking to my husband about it, and he said he would fully support breats implants (and not just because he's a guy). I'm going to wait until after we have our child, so there aren't any complications, and also so I can see what larger breasts feel like. Sometimes I really like the flat look, but I have a thin waist and curvy hips-a larger chest would really complete the look.

I also dislike my hair. It's very straight and lanky, and I love big curly hair from the 80's. I use to have my mom perm it all the time, but it got too fried, and didn't look very good. My husband just hired me a stylist (lord, do I need one), so maybe she can help me with this. I bought a teasing brush but have no idea how to use it. I can't get my wrists to bend right when I try to use a round brush. I burn my fingers on hot curlers and give myself kinks with a curling iron. There is an old lady on my bus that wears this HUGE curly wig, and sometimes I wish I could just grab it off her head, throw it on mine and run.

34. TeacherMJ

TeacherMJ Comrade

Jul 2, 2008

There's always going to be something that you don't like about yourself, even if everyone else admires it...that's just life, isn't it? I guess learning to be happy with what you've got is a goal for life :)

I don't like...
    - my toes, they're long/skinny, from my dad's side of the family, but not as weird looking on men! I don't let it stop me from wearing sandals though, I just buy them so they don't accentuate the obvious.

- my belly, although it is getting smaller I can always tell when I haven't been exercising and have been enjoying food a little more than usual. I'm happy when I feel heathly and that's the important part :)

I love...
    - my eyes, they change color with what I'm wearing and my moods.

- my hair, it can go from straight to curly to wavy and it is really healthy despite all the heat-styling I do to it.

- my smile and me! :)

35. SarahJ

SarahJ Companion

Jul 2, 2008

I have really bad excema. Most of my legs (esp the front of my ankles and on my calves), my arms, under my arms, my eyebrows, hairline, fingers, neck, ears...its all affected by red, itchy, weeping sore patches. Its UGLY. I've lived with it all my life, right through high school and nasty peers, but it still bothers me that it affects me so much. I scratch without thinking and it looks wierd to see someone scratching all the time, my legs and arms bleed some days coz its so bad, I have ugly purple scars from old excema patches and my skin looses its pigmentation so I have funny white patches on my nearly white skin. And I'm fair skinned with red in my hair so I burn quickly!

I've tried everything. So I feel for you guys with problems. Luckily it doesn't affect my face as such and I can cover up if I wear long clothes.

36. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Jul 2, 2008

No need to worry, ladies-I have plenty to share! That is my self conscious feature. I have seriously considered breast reduction, because the weight of my boobs does hurt my shoulders and upper back. Then there is the bra fat and rolls......my other sore spot is the varicose veins I have (thanks, Grandma!) I once had a boy tell me my legs looked like a road map. I almost died with laughter. I still wear shorts,because I can't stand the heat, but I wish I could have them taken care of too. All day walking or standing is murder!!

37. Ghost

Ghost Habitué

Jul 2, 2008

Mine is my hair.....or lack of it. I was on medication that made my hair fall out and it's never really grown back. I always feel like everyone is staring at my thin spot.

38. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 2, 2008

My left boob is bigger than the right. To me, they seem grossly malformed, but my husband swears he can't even tell. He's such a sweet guy, but I don't believe him. As I've gained weight over the years, this problem has become more pronounced, at least in my opinion. I'm hoping that some weight loss will fix it or at least make it less noticeable.

I don't like my eyebrows. I think they're too big and not girly enough. I wax them occasionally but sometimes it gets too expensive and I have to stop for a few months. Since I'm no good at plucking, this makes for a bad situation. Boo.

I used to really hate my nose. I thought it looked like a piggy nose, sort of wide and a little upturned. Now that I'm older, it doesn't bother me very much at all. I'm not sure if it has changed or if it just fits better with my face, but it seems okay now.

39. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 2, 2008

just a heads up Jem...

your breasts will grow when you get pregnant.

Just how much and depends on weight you keep after the baby.

It is so weird when they grow and you wake up they look and feel like a pair of watermelons the day after you give birth!

I was a 34B from age 12 until 44. Now I am a 36B. From what I can see, almost everyone grows a bit with pregnancy and age, . But whatever you do, resist the temptation to go bra-less! :eek: It seems like a bad habit we can fall into, especially when we are small. But, they do make soft cup, sleep/leisure bras. And a bra that doesn't fit is worse than not wearing one. Stretched out straps, riding up your back, sticking over or too much bouncing, are all signs of bad fit. Sagging, flat breasts are not pretty! :unsure: And as far as I know, it's the one of the few things we can prevent!

on the hair tip, now you can buy almost anything for your hair!

you can get pieces, whole wigs, or just sew-ins, or ponytails. Change your look, and don't spend a fortune. Fake hair is here to stay. Only your hairdresser knows for sure. :p

40. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 2, 2008

it seems to be seasonal mainly in summer heat ..just on my neck! but the rest of the year, I am fight ringworm! Ugh that is worse when it's on my face. I mentioned it earlier...seems like they could make something over the counter for that.

Eureicn cream is good for short term ezcema. I know prescription stuff is better. what do you use? I'm want to ask my dr. about it before my neck flares up again.