Photos of My Jungle / Safari Themed Classroom

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by CFClassroom, Jun 29, 2010.

1. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jun 29, 2010

Hi Everyone,

I'll be adding more before school starts, but the bulk of my room is done and I wanted to share the photos and ideas I compiled in case others are looking for ideas.

http://tiny.cc/q3bol

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

3. tiki7719

tiki7719 Companion

Jun 29, 2010

That is adorable! I love the theme!

4. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Jun 29, 2010

Love the pics and the blog!!!

I've gotta tell ya that the music has me giggling a bit! :) Ah, wasting away in....

5. jday129

jday129 Comrade

Jun 29, 2010

very cute!

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jun 29, 2010

Love it! Since this is on your blog and you are selling your teacher-created items, you might want to change the spelling of 'eluded' to 'alluded'. Eluded refers to 'escaping'. Alluded means to 'refer to something'.

7. TeachinHicks

TeachinHicks Comrade

Jun 29, 2010

very cute!!!

8. demijasmom

demijasmom Companion

Jun 29, 2010

Love it!!

9. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jun 29, 2010

Thanks all!

LOL czacza...That's what happens when you type to the soundtrack of 2 teething twins. I think "escape" sounds really good right about now.

10. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jun 29, 2010

nice room

11. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jun 29, 2010

It looks adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been working on my room and can't wait to get it complete enough to post pics.

12. passionateacher

passionateacher Comrade

Jun 29, 2010

I love your room! When does school start back for you? You are getting everything ready very early! Although I must admit, I've been coming to this site almost daily since school let out simply because I enjoy getting ideas from others.

What are you going to write on the posters under the Daily 5 headings? Choices students can do under each category? If so, what are your choices?

13. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jun 29, 2010

Love, love, love it!! It would be fabulous to do this theme this year, but it doesn't quite work... I'm leaning towards either space or CA history to match our two big thematic projects.

Anyhow, how does your 'choose your own adventure' board work? I'm also curious about your 'FACE' board-is it interactive, or do the phrases just stay on the board? What do you put in the blue sentence strip pocket chart? And how does the monkey/reading board work? I've used magnets for kids to move between reading activities, but it looks like you have 5 giant sheets of paper-do they sign their names? And I love the weekly word herd!!!

SO great!!! I'm trying not to think too hard about my room, as I can't work on it yet... but I can't wait to hear your answers and start thinking on how to transition these into whatever theme I decide on!!

14. natelukesmom

natelukesmom Companion

Jun 29, 2010

really cute! ;)

15. Scout About

Scout About Rookie

Jun 29, 2010

Hey, I love your blog! It's one of my go-to places when I hop on-line. I tried to comment this morning, but I got a message saying that my comment was pending approval. I'm not sure if you've seen it yet (it's under my google name: Mrs. Robinson). Anyway, I had a couple of questions for you in my comment. Let me know if it has somehow disappeared within the internetz somewhere! : )

16. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Jun 29, 2010

I like the FACE board! Interesting twist on the CAFE menu!

17. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Jun 29, 2010

Wow, you're a go-getter, aren't you? ;)

I've actually been in my classroom the past few days. I feel like such a nerd with no life (not that YOU are!), but I LOVE working on my classroom.

18. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Jun 29, 2010

I just got home yesterday from my last day of school, and after a nap, I decided to start looking at the grade two curriculum!

19. dogs&teaching

dogs&teaching Comrade

Jun 29, 2010

I absolutely love it! I wish I had half of the creativity you do.

20. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jun 29, 2010

Thanks Everyone! I love a theme and this has been a fun one to work on.

I'm fortunate that my classroom is not used during the summer. While they do move out the furniture to clean the floors, they don't touch the walls. I started prepping for the fall before leaving in the spring a few years ago and it has been great! I have some of my current students come before school and stay after to help with things. They take a lot of pride in letting the incoming 3rd graders know that they helped get the room ready.

@SCOUTABOUT: The comments are screened. They get emailed to me and I approve (i.e. yours) them or reject (i.e. the man who commented that he wanted American women to mail him their used shoes) reject them before they go live on the blog.

@JEM: THanks for your kind feedback. A space theme would be lots of fun. Have you seen Beth Newingham's space theme? I think it was from last year. Lots of great ideas. The Choose Your Own Adventure Board is my choice board for free choice and indoor recess. I just typed up a detailed explanation of it that is scheduled to post to the blog on Thursday morning. The blue pocket chart is used to for reading partners. I'll take pics of the kids together and it will read, "Toucan Read Better Than One." The white paper on the D5 Board will house the anchor charts from Daily 5. The FACE/CAFE board is interactive. The cards will all come down before school starts and be added after minilessons.

@PASSIONATETEACHER: We go back 9/8/10. The charts under the D5 are "saved" for my anchor charts although I'm toying with the idea of using the space to display the may do choices.

21. meltua

meltua Rookie

Jun 29, 2010

I'm thinking of using the Cafe this year. I haven't read the Cafe book yet, but I get the gist of it. Anyway, did the strategies you have on your Cafe board come straight from the book or did make them up yourself (and if so, would you share?)

22. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jun 30, 2010

I just love it, and now I'm thinking about being inspired for the fall. I have 39 days before school starts so I'm still in "resting mode". :)

23. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jun 30, 2010

It looks amazing IHR! I love a good theme! :) And I'm very jealous you got a head start with your walls. I'm in a new classroom next year-I don't even know for sure which one so it's hard to even envision a set up. Your kids are going to be so excited!:thumb:

24. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 1, 2010

25. Ellensmom

Ellensmom Companion

Jul 1, 2010

I am so impressed that your room is pretty much ready NOW! I have some ideas, but I can't even get into my room until this month. Good for you!

26. CheleOh

CheleOh Rookie

Jul 1, 2010

I looks great! Fun, but not TOO cluttered!

Just because I KNOW you want more *stuff*, I saw zebra and leopard binder clips at Office Depot today.

:)

Happy New Year!

Chele :)