Phone interview...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Teacherella, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Teacherella

Teacherella Habitué

Jul 17, 2009

I have a phone interview next week and I don't know what to expect. I already interviewed in person with another principal in the district and she passed my name on to this principal since she has a special ed. opening. The principal contacted me and asked to do a phone conference since she knows I live out-of-state and teach over the summer. Any tips, recommendations or advice? Thanks!

3. MissLD

MissLD Rookie

Jul 17, 2009

I have done a screening interview over the phone before and I made little note cards. There are some common questions you will probably be asked and I would make little notes just to make sure you touch on all the points you want to. This was helpful because i get nervous and I tend to forget things I want to say.
    Good luck!

4. Teacherella

Teacherella Habitué

Jul 17, 2009

Thanks, MissLD. This is for a specific position so I feel a bit better knowing that it won't be generic questions about teaching. I've read that some people make electronic portfolios (on powerpoint). I don't have much time to do this, but I'm considering it. I have a brochure I made so maybe I can just put it into powerpoint somehow. What do you think?

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 17, 2009

Last year when I had a phone interview I had my portfolio right next to me in case I wanted to look at it to help me explain a question. Also I was sitting right in front of my computer and I had the school's website in one window, my resume in another window and a word document in another where I had bullet points that I wanted to discuss if certain questions came up. All of this really helped me to fully answer the questions. Good luck!

6. Junebug

Junebug Comrade

Jul 18, 2009

Life in the computer age :lol: MsLD

7. rachaelski

rachaelski Habitué

Jul 18, 2009

I have heard that you are still supposed to dress up, make sure you have a secure land-line, stand up while speaking (but don't walk, you'll pant), etc.

However, I didn't do any of that! Keep your computer, resume and things like that near you. If you get nervous write some notes.