phone calls

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Guest, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Nov 21, 2002

I live in the same town that I teach in....and i dont mind, it because there is NO COMMUTE! (litterally 2 min away!) One problem, a parent (my class mom) must have figured out taht I live in town and she looked up my number..she has called a few times for silly reasons....(acutally i just got off the phone w her!) How do I nicely ask her or hint to her that calling me at home is not something she should do?! THANKS

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Nov 22, 2002

Get an unlisted phone number. Don't give out your home number.

4. AngelaS

AngelaS Cohort

Nov 22, 2002

If you ever make calls from home, be sure to press *67 to block out your phone number from their caller IDs. If this parent is so bold as to look up your phone number (!!!), check your caller ID before picking up and just don't answer when she calls. If she leaves a message, send a note home with the child the next day: "I received the message you left for me yesterday at my home. I have a very hectic schedule in the evenings, so the only way you will be able to reach me is at the school phone number, 555-5555. You can also email me or drop a note in your child's backpack/ folder. I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!".

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Nov 23, 2002

I would love an unlisted number..but I still live at home w my parents and so the phone is out of my hands...until i get a new place!

6. AngelaS

AngelaS Cohort

Nov 24, 2002

If you have to have a listed number (which I prefer anyway) and don't have caller ID, screen your calls on your answering machine and send a note home the next day. Or, if you accidentally answer, say, "Hi! You just caught me- I'm right in the middle of something. Could you drop me a note in your child's backpack instead? Thanks for understanding how busy I am in the evenings".