Phone Calls For Interviews

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by S Dubb, Jun 18, 2007.

1. S Dubb

S Dubb Comrade

Jun 18, 2007

For those of you that have received phone calls to schedule an interview (I haven't been that lucky yet :( ), around what time of day do districts usually call you? In other words, do they usually tend to call in the morning or in the afternoon?

Also, how bad is it if you miss their phone call? Do they usually leave a message, or do they just move to the next application?

3. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jun 18, 2007

I got a call for my first interview this year at 10:30 this morning. It really varies, though. Last year and the year before I got some calls early in the day (probably right after they got into their offices) and some around 2 or 3 in the afternoon (probably right before they were heading home). There have been a few times where I've missed phone calls and every time they've left messages. I really try to avoid missing calls, though by leaving my cell phone on me all day, even at work. I've been lucky that my boss knows my situation and allows me to take personal calls when I need to.

4. Ms.P

Ms.P Rookie

Jun 18, 2007

When I was interviewing - about a month and a half ago - all of the calls that I got about were either in the morning (8:00-9:00) or late in the afternoon (4:30-6:00). But I'm guessing that was because the school year wasn't over yet and the principals were calling before and after school. I had missed a couple calls and I called them as soon as a got the message. Actually, the job I ended up accepting, I missed the first phone call and didn't have a chance to call back for several hours.

Good luck with your job search!

5. Pumpkin83

Pumpkin83 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007

3 out of my 5 interviews this year were phone calls in the afternoon (3-5pm). That was when school was in session though. Also, I got one call in the morning around 10 am. Also during the school year. 3 of my 4 calls left messages and i called them back and their was no problem. I have a job and can't carry my cell phone and planner around 24/7 and be ready to answer a call at any moment. They understand that. All of the messages either said when to call back BY or the date the interviews were or some even said both.

For my 5th interview I recieved an e-mail sent at like 10:30 at night!! The e-mail said to call and shedule an interview so I called the next morning at 8:05 am and was the first person to do so; therefor I had the whole interview day to choose a time from. It was great!

6. Carebear05

Carebear05 Comrade

Jun 18, 2007

I don't think principals call at certain times. They are busy people so it just depends on when they get around to it. I have had a few principals call for interviews and I missed the call. As mentioned above, they understand that people cant always be there to answer the phone. The job that I got I had to call the principal back, so dont worry if you miss a call. They know that other people work hard and are busy too.

7. msb

msb Rookie

Jun 19, 2007

The calls I received always seemed to vary. I had a few calls on the weekends as well; those were usually by the principal or the interviewer. However, it's always best to call back as soon as you can because it usually allows you to pick the interview time if you are one of the first candidates to call back. Most times, I didn't have a choice; I had to show up or withdraw my application. I think I only had to do that twice. Good luck! :)

8. Xgomenara9

Xgomenara9 Rookie

Jul 19, 2007

I HAD A LOT OF CALLS IN THE MORNING BETWEEN 9-10 AM.

9. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 19, 2007

Most of my phone calls were in the late morning.

10. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 19, 2007

Oh, and I often missed their calls because I was working at the time. They always left a message. (With Caller ID you can always see who's calling.)

It was sometimes difficult for me to get in touch with them because I never knew when they were in the office. Just out of convenience, it would have been better for me to have answered the call the first time around.

11. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

This last week, I have received calls at about 9am-11am and then 3pm or so...
    During school, it was anytime during the day and they did leave messages, I am sitting on my phone these days, and waking up super early due to time issue and not getting any sleep due to stress, LOL...
    So I think it just varies.

12. kidatheart

kidatheart Habitué

Jul 19, 2007

I got my last call at 2:30 (I missed it bcs I was out pulling weeds in the yard) and was left info to call before 3 at the school # and after 3:30 at the secretary's home #.
    They don't expect you to be sitting by the phone waiting for it to ring. They want candidates who have lives and interests, etc.

13. nicegirl

nicegirl Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

I have had calls between 9-11 and then 1-2:30. Although, offers themselves seem to have come after 3 pm.

14. TeachinHicks

TeachinHicks Comrade

Jul 19, 2007

Yesterday I got a phone call from a principal to set up an interview at like 6:30pm. But then again many of mine have been in the morning that they have called (one called at 7:45am, thank god I was up and getting ready for work!) But many have left messages as well :)

15. Xgomenara9

Xgomenara9 Rookie

Jul 19, 2007

Don't worry...it's not when they call...it's what they say afterwards!

16. kidatheart

kidatheart Habitué

Jul 19, 2007

amen to that Xg!!

17. jillsciencegirl

jillsciencegirl Rookie

Jul 19, 2007

I think for all of my interviews I was out of the house and got messages on my machine. There are so few positions in my field in this area, that I only had 3 interviews...