Philosophy of Education

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by MissH225, Mar 23, 2009.

1. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Mar 23, 2009

I have to write a philosophy of education for a class I'm taking to get my ESL endorsement. I have one I've used in previous years for classes and the job search. For some reason I am starting to doubt it. I think it's too short and maybe that I'm repeating myself as some parts. Any help would be great(even some proofreading, after staring at it for awhile you don't see that stuff sometimes). Oh yea my teacher is a stickler for a good concluding paragraph :

I believe that every student enters the classroom with the desire to learn. Each child possesses unique characteristics that will help them succeed in the classroom. No two children learn the same. Students from a variety of different backgrounds including race, socioeconomic status, etc. will be members of my classroom. As a teacher it is my responsibility to use this diversity to create opportunities for my students to succeed. By having knowledge of my students I will be able to engage my students by creating lessons that will reach and teach a variety of learners.
    Students will be encouraged to reach their fullest potential. Through differentiated learning all students will become successful in my classroom. Students will become responsible and caring individuals who will understand the importance of doing their personal best not only in my classroom but in life.
    I believe that this success will come from taking the standards and building a curriculum in which students can and will thrive from. By using these standards to create engaging and meaningful lessons students will find personal connections in my lessons. This connection will also help further their success in the classroom.
    As a teacher I know that I am responsible for all my students and their learning. By working together, the classroom will become a place where everyone is successful and lifelong learning is constantly taking place, both by me and my students.

3. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Mar 23, 2009

I like your philosophy - I think it just needs a bit of clarification :) Also, you might want to mention something about data and using it to help you plan for your students; also, what role will the children have in the classroom? Do they get a say in lessons and activities?

4. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Mar 24, 2009

Thank you so much for replying. I am going to look over what you said and fix it up the evening. Any other suggestions from others?