Petsmart PetsHotel?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 9, 2009

Anyone boarded their pets here before & have good/bad comments?

I've never boarded my dog before yet, but I definitely want to have peace of mind when I go on a trip.

http://petshotel.petsmart.com/

3. ~mrs.m~

~mrs.m~ Comrade

Jun 9, 2009

I did and I won't take my dog back there. I am sure they are very nice and loving. This is my reason... the dogs go together in a room to play. They don't get to urinate, etc on grass but on the floor. When I picked up my dog she had a bladder infection. I am not sure if it was because she "held it" so long because she didn't get to go outside. Also, she smelled terrible from runnining around in that room with all the other dogs. The people were very nice though.

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 9, 2009

I see, well that's good to know. For me personally, my dog is NEVER on grass & almost never outside anyway, except for walking on concrete at my outdoor shopping mall. His bathroom is a large box that is in our garage, so this may not be a problem for my particular situation.

I wouln't want him drinking water from the bowl that other dogs have drank from though.

5. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jun 9, 2009

Can't your parents watch him for you or are you all going together? I'd never board my dog at a place with lots of other dogs. I have peace of mind when someone I know watches him if we go on vacation.

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 9, 2009

My parents would definitely be my first choice, but my mom would be travelling w/ me & my dad is getting up in age & getting forgetful, etc. It's alright if he watches him all day, but I'd be worried about him watching my dog for a few days.

My BF would be my next choice. I trust him completely to take care of my dog like he was his very own! But, he works pretty long days, so I don't know.

7. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jun 9, 2009

How about someone from your classes whom you can trust and likes dogs to come over to your home to take him out on walks but then Yoshi :) can play and sleep where he's familiar?

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 9, 2009

I've thought about my BF maybe coming over to tend to him when he gets off from work (my dad would be at home). Yoshi's very familiar w/ my BF, in fact, my BF came w/ me when I 1st saw my soon-to-be puppy! He knows what Yoshi eats,etc.

9. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jun 9, 2009

Then that sounds good. I only have my parents or our neighbor who loves dogs watch my/our (hehehe) little guy!

10. irx7fani

irx7fani Rookie

Jun 9, 2009

When my gf and I go on trips, we drop her dog off at the PetsHotel, they have nice facilities, and if you have them extra, they walk the dog, play w/ him and all that. Highly recommend it.

11. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Jun 9, 2009

We have used a non-chain doggy hotel type place and my dog loves it. The place is huge and they let the big dogs be together and the little dogs are kept in a different area. During the day, they have a fairly large staff that watches the dogs and at night each dog has a separate large kennel. They bathe the dogs the day you pick them up and our dog pouts when she has to leave.

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jun 9, 2009

If you ever have to board your dog make sure you get him the Bordatella(something like that) vaccine to prevent Kennel cough!

13. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Jun 9, 2009

Check with your vet, they would be the best place to recommend a GOOD kennel and they will know the horror stories as well.

14. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jun 9, 2009

get a petsitter from a company...i do that part time...
    don't trust my pets in any boarding facility...some are nice, yes...but i worked in a vet clinic for 4 years...just sad

15. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 10, 2009

Overall, I don't trust the boarding facilities either, but I want to be able to go on a trip if I want to. It's worrisome.

16. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jun 10, 2009

My vet has their own boarding facility so if I ever had to board my baby I'd probably go there if a relative couldn't take care of him.

17. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 10, 2009

My vet doesn't board unfortunately, but that's another pretty good thing about Petsmart's PetsHotel. They have the animal hospital w/i the store, so there's always a vet on call.