Pets

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by YoungTeacherGuy, Jul 7, 2018.

1. ssgirl11

ssgirl11 Companion

Jul 13, 2018

So funny story... she pooped a few times and nothing. I panicked and took her the the 24-hour animal hospital and paid a fortune for x-rays. Turns out there was nothing strange in her stomach, and I found the battery in question in my endstand the next day:D At least I learned a valuable lesson from this, never to panic in these kinds of situations! Haha

2. Coach Fallon

Coach Fallon Rookie

Jul 16, 2018

Me and my family have a Bichon Frise name Minnie. It's more of "my wife and kids" dog, because if you have ever seen one before then you know that there is nothing masculine about owning that breed. It's more of a cuddle house dog.

SpecialPreskoo likes this.
  3. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Jul 25, 2018

My husband and I have 2 dogs. Tink is a golden retriever/lab mix that my husband had before we met. She is estimated to be about 10 years old (shelter rescue). 3 years ago we got Trixie (mainly to be my dog since Tink didn't like being with me and plain and simply hates change). Trixie is a german shepherd/australian shepherd/lab/boxer mix also from a shelter. She lived a horrible neglected first 3 months (no human contact, lived in a basement with 15 other dogs, never let outside, food just thrown down stairs).

If it was up to me, we would have all of Trixie's siblings as well, but I think it would drive my husband crazy since he has trouble tolerating her anxiety alone some days!! I could easily be a crazy dog lady!

4. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Aug 11, 2018

Like you, I have a 14-year old who can't see, hear, or walk. For the past year, year and a half, I've carried her to and from outside to do her biz. (Tough on the back, 50 lb. dog.) She will turn 15 in a couple months, which *I think* she will make it to. That will be a good milestone to me.

5. Kat.

Kat. Companion

Aug 11, 2018

I have 2 Great Danes:)

6. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Aug 11, 2018

We're up to three guinea pigs now! From left to right is Nico, Buffy, and Bailey (whom we adopted two weeks ago from the Humane Society).
    FUZZ.jpg

7. JimG

JimG Comrade

Aug 11, 2018

A Pomchi-Schnoodle (Pomeranian, Chihuahua, Schnauzer, Poodle) and a Greyhound mix. They are like Robin Hood and Little John together.

I am miserably allergic to cats, so we will never have one of those.

8. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2018

This is my shih tzu! He is a sweetie!

Attached Files: