Pet Strollers

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

May 1, 2011

My DeeOhGee is lying in my lap as I type
    She stretched look at the screen and saw Tori Spelling then made a sound somewhere between a growl and a laugh, then she look at me as if to say "Don't you ever get me one of those"

2. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

May 1, 2011

I used to get repulsed when people used to bring their dogs into the shoe store I managed for 6 years....there were strollers even back then. At least with the stroller I feel its a little more sanitary, if it goes to the bathroom, it won't be on my floor.

I'm not a dog lover so I'll never understand...

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 1, 2011

I don't take mine everywhere personally, but every once in a while other than walking him, I'll take him for a short drive in his carseat if I need to do a quick errand where I'm not really getting out of the car. Yes, I have had a carseat for my dog all along. Here's a couple in my previous car:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't know if your shoe str was in in outdoor mall, but when strs are in an outdoor shopping mall/area, I'm sure employees expect people to bring along their dogs a lot more often. And in this economy especially, I'd think str owners/mgrs would rather prefer customers w/ their dogs than no customers at all (at the outdoor malls) & would think twice before asking people to tk their dog out. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone should be able to bring their dogs ANYWHERE.

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 1, 2011

I've seen dogs in the Gap, Walgreens, and TJ Maxx. Not all were in strollers, and NONE were guide dogs. There are many people who are deathly afraid of animals and others who are allergic...

PS, Ms I, your dog is ADORABLE!!! I'd smile if you pulled up in your car next to mine.:cool:

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 1, 2011

I am a dog person,but know many peoplewho aren't....like my mom.

She would avoid going into astore if there was a dog there.

Aside from guide and helper dogs,I simply don't see why it's not prohibited (and I've always thought it WAS.)

6. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

May 1, 2011

I truly can't stand when I see a small dog in a "purse" at a store...seriously...that's just ridiculous...

Dog strollers make me chuckle...I understand why you'd want one though, Ms.I. Maybe get one and try it out first to see if Yoshi actually tolerates it :)

7. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 1, 2011

I wouldn't take my lovely into stores such as those czacza mentioned. I assume animals are prohibited there and there are sometimes signs saying just that. I say I take my dog nearly everywhere, but I hardly go anywhere, so it works out fine. :haha:

Our little local stores, though, are often glad to visit with the dogs. The bank, the little hut for the water company where you pay your bill, and many other places give dog treats.

I have a stroller, a great car seat, a playpen...everything. Just because you normally associate these items with humans doesn't mean they don't prove beneficial to pets. It's not necessarily humanizing pets. It's not just for a cutesy effect. While I very much feel as though my dog is my child, it is possible to mistakenly view a pet as a human (child and human not being the same here). I very much respect my dog's doginess. :)

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 1, 2011

Thank you! :)

Being a dog person like I am, nothing people do w/ their pets really irk me. But, I do think it's disgusting when people kiss them on the mouth! Eek! :)

I think Yoshi will enjoy the stroller because a few times, I've put him in the shopping cart of stores & he loves riding around looking out. I've been wanting to walk my dog around this other outdoor mall I've never taken him before that's about 45 min away, so if I had a stroller in the car, I'd feel better about taking him there.

I agree 100%! :)

9. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

May 1, 2011

My mom has a pekingnese that is spoiled rotten now that she has an empty nest. When the temperature is right, he goes shopping with my parents but only goes in the pet stores.

My mom brought him to an outdoor antiques fair but in years past, we had seen many dogs brought along by others do we knew it would be ok. When Peanut got tired, we put him in the collapsible shopping cart I had bought there a few years back. He liked riding in it. If we had only shopped until he got tired, we wouldn't have seen much!

10. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

May 1, 2011

My mom has a pekingnese that is spoiled rotten now that she has an empty nest. When the temperature is right, he goes shopping with my parents but only goes in the pet stores.

My mom brought him to an outdoor antiques fair but in years past, we had seen many dogs brought along by others do we knew it would be ok. When Peanut got tired, we put him in the collapsible shopping cart I had bought there a few years back. He liked riding in it. If we had only shopped until he got tired, we wouldn't have seen much!

11. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

May 1, 2011

Nope not outside a huge inside mall, where pets were not allowed! LOL, I never would dream of kicking them out, just helping them REALLY quick and hoping they didn't bark or bite!

I actually think your dog is cute, one of my friends has one of those... I just don't like them to come near me and sniff me or drool on me or bark! LOL

12. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 1, 2011

Just a general FYI: While it's obvious, for example, that a blind person is using a dog as a guide, there are also emotional guide dogs for those with anxiety and other situations.

13. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 1, 2011

Right. And no one objects to the presence of any of the "helper dogs."

My objection is to pets being in stores.

14. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

May 1, 2011

My point is, of course, that what you may interpret as only a pet in a store may in fact be someone's emotional guide dog. Little chance, of course...I'm just saying. :)

15. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

May 1, 2011

Saw a pomeranian in the mall today being hand-fed food from food court...I rolled my eyes...this was indoor mall....and in a food court!

I love seeing guide dogs and those type. I'm glad they are helping people.