Personal Papers Question

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Zanity, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Zanity

Zanity Rookie

Jul 31, 2009

Ok so charter school #1 that made me an offer has yet to call me and have me come in and sign a contract. I did receive an email saying they were calling to have people come in today. Well here it is 8:30am today and still no call. So here is my question, they had asked me to bring them in a few things a welcome letter and behavior plan. I do not want them to keep my behavior plan I put a lot work into my student manual I use. Here is the question should I go back and get it? How do I handle that? Am I being petty? They have my welcome letter, student manual, and first day of school activitiy.

3. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jul 31, 2009

Are you still interested in working for the charter school? I know there is no excuse for why they didn't call you but if the answer is yes to the previous question, I'd call them. I'm not sure how to handle getting your personal papers back.

4. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2009

Are you afraid that they're just stringing you along? I would call and say that you received the email, but hadn't received a call about signing your contract yet. And take it from there...

If something happens and there is no contract, politely tell them you will need all of your materials back. But also keep in mind - they may have already photocopied it.

5. Zanity

Zanity Rookie

Jul 31, 2009

I just do not know what to think. At interview #1 I was told I had the 5th grade position matter a fact they were just gushing over me. I was told they would call me to come in to talk to the P and sign my contract.

I was called and asked to bring those items mentioned above. They took pictures and asked me to sign up to chair a club and extra curr. I also was not given a contract.

I called and emailed Wed. Got a machine and an email stating that there was going to be a meeting Friday (Today) and that I would receive a call shortly to set it up.

I think they are stringing me along. I just am at my end. I do not know if I should try a little harder with them or just give up and get my papers.

School #2 is calling my references or trying to and offer a higher salary but it is a longer drive and I will have to higher someone to care for disabled son in the morning.

I am close to throwing in the towel here. I just do not want to seem petty at the same time I put a lot of work in to that thing.

6. Zanity

Zanity Rookie

Jul 31, 2009

Ok I called charter #1 the personal cell phone of the person who interviewed me I got a machine as always with this place. I was nice and asked her politely to call me as I needed to know what was going on. If I do not hear anything by Tuesday I am going to get my husband to go with me to the school and get my papers.

7. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2009

I would also ask them politely for any copies they have made of your papers. Look them straight in the eyes when you ask for it.

I can't remember the name of the member here, but I do remember that last year the person often posted complaints about how often schools pull this very same trick.

8. Simba

Simba Comrade

Jul 31, 2009

I can't believe they didn't call you for your meeting today. I thought that was you were at!!!

How long ago was Charter #1 interview> I think that's EXTREMELY unprofessional. Isn't this one of the schools that called you at a crazy time for an interview? Also, you left a message on a PERSONAL cell phone. If you don't hear anything from them by Monday, I'd just show up at the school and ask what is going on. If you continue to get the runaround face to face, then I'd politely ask for your stuff back.

When did Charter #2 say they would contact you? Have you heard from them?

Don't throw in the towel yet!!! You still have options. I know you're frustrated with how unprofessional they've been, but you haven't received a no from anyone. Just keep following up. If you don't hear from them, I would leave ANOTHER message letting this person know you are coming to the school to talk with someone.

Don't forget, you still have Monday!!!

Hang in there!!!

9. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 31, 2009

:)She got the job. She went to sign the contract.

10. Zanity

Zanity Rookie

Jul 31, 2009

On Tuesday when my husband is home we will go to that school and ask for my papers and make sure there are no copies made. I think things work out for the best. I found out just today that they fired everyone at the end of last year including admin and made those who were serious reapply. It was a joke! I am glad the school I have the contract for got me. They are a much better school.

11. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jul 31, 2009

See things do work out!! Good luck with getting your papers and I'm so happy that you got the other job! : )