Personal Behavior Charts

Discussion in 'Special Education' started by Deedah86, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Deedah86

Deedah86 Rookie

Apr 15, 2011

I am a first year resource teacher for k-5 and a I have a few students that I want to start using a personal behavior chart for. (I have a classroom behavior chart, but I think that if the students can look at a personal one everyday it would be more beneficial.)

Has anyone used something like this before? Where did you display it or did you have the student hold onto it? I was thinking about keeping it in their folders so it was a more personal thing, but we don't get out our folders every SINGLE day and I am also slow to display it publically because it's supposed to be personal.

Thoughts?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 15, 2011

I wouldn't display it...how about making little portfolio type folders for the kids who will be using incentive charts? A self contained teacher at my school makes laminated sheets, folds them in half and uses a Velcro dot to help it close...it's about the size then of a Day Timer...she also uses laminated dots or pictures with Velcro so the charts can be reused each week.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Apr 15, 2011

We keep ours in our assignment notebook. Students color in the notes square to match their behavior for the day and then the teacher signs the square at the end of the day to ensure honesty and that all assignments are listed.

5. etcetera

etcetera Rookie

Apr 16, 2011

I use a plastic portfolio with pockets and prongs. We mark it daily and it goes to all classes and then home to school as well. Each chart is individualized for the students' target behaviors.

6. cmw

cmw Groupie

Apr 16, 2011

With my 5th grade band students I used these cool cards that looked like a credit card & I gave them punches. (I can't find the right company but could if I do some research). http://lookupsoft.co.cc/north-star-...centive-punch-cards-pos-behavior-6-packs.html

You could keep it in an envelope attached to the front of their desks.

If you're looking for something more tangible you could do pony beads attached to a string/ plastic lacing. (My students earned a bead when they remembered their recorders. The lace was attached to the recorder & they chose the color bead they wanted.)

:D