Pencil pouches

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Pencil Monkey, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Jul 27, 2011

Hi everyone,

It seems that somehow pencil pouches (the kind you put in a binder) were left off my supply list. I'm thinking about buying a class set of them instead of hassling parents to buy another item. My list is already kind of expensive because my team mate wants some pricey materials. Anyway, Is there somewhere I can get them inexpensively?

3. Hitchcock fan

Hitchcock fan Companion

Jul 27, 2011

One way of looking at it is, the pencil pouch isn't JUST for your class, so maybe you should add it back on. If you buy inexpensive ones for your students, they most likely won't have metal grommets but will be the cheap plastic variety that will rip. That said, I'd still try all the usual places - Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Big Lots, etc.

4. MissAnt

MissAnt Comrade

Jul 27, 2011

Target has clear, durable ones for around 60 cents.

5. 2ndTimeAround

2ndTimeAround Phenom

Jul 27, 2011

Hassle the parents. They gave birth to those kids. They should take some financial responsibility for their education ;)

6. janney

janney Cohort

Jul 28, 2011

I got the pencil pouches from WalMart for about $1 last year. They have them this year as well. They are colored canvas with a plastic window on the front. They also have metal gromets. I let the students know that I would be collecting them at the end of they year and was able to get all but 5 of them back. They are all still in great condition and I will use them again this year.

That being said, since you were able to make your own supply list you could always send out the request and just return any extra pouches for those students who bring their own.

7. MMRbella

MMRbella Companion

Jul 29, 2011

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  8. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Jul 29, 2011

check the office depot ad for your area online. They posted a sneak peak of the one that starts sunday. The one for my area says they will be 5 cents (limit of 10). I need these as well for my class for our reward system.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 29, 2011

It seems the list has gone home and already is a bit pricier than the OP is comfortable with. The parents ARE taking 'financial responsibility'.