Pearson Reading Subtest I

Discussion in 'Basic Skills Tests' started by tiki7719, Apr 1, 2015.

1. tiki7719

tiki7719 Companion

Apr 1, 2015

Has anyone taken this exam and can offer any suggestions for study prep material?

I attempted the Pearson Subtest I (038) exam and did not pass it. I thought I did fairly well. When speaking with other classmates, they did not pass it either.

Pearson does not have any material to purchase for review and all they do offer are 10 pre-test questions.

Could Praxis material potentially cover what is needed for Pearson?

Thanks!

3. afoltz219

afoltz219 New Member

Mar 3, 2016

I know this is WAY later, but this will be my FOURTH time taking this test. I am from Indiana and I am currently teaching 7th and 8th grade Reading. I have a Reading endorsement for K-6 on my license (thank you Praxis), but I now have to take this test (which is P-12). I am taking it tomorrow. I was wondering if you passed and had any luck with any programs. I am using a book by Mometrix, but it does not go into detail like the test and has not helped at all.

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 3, 2016

afoltz219, when a question has you stumped, try imagining that you're walking a student of yours through it. How might you guide the student? About which traps might you caution the student?

For basic skills reading tests, the correct answer choice is the answer that is best (or, sometimes, least bad) from the point of view of the passage. If you find yourself drawing on specialized knowledge to answer a question, stop: for THIS test, that's overthinking.