paycheck question

Discussion in 'General Education' started by kinderteach3, Jul 31, 2007.

1. kinderteach3

kinderteach3 Rookie

Jul 31, 2007

No! I'm not asking how much yours is for!! My DBF just called and noticed at work today (he works in my district) that under the FED tax section his says FED:S2, (same as mine) but his buddies says FED:S0. All of us are single and can't be claimed on anyone elses taxes, and we have no dependents.... now I'm worried that our paychecks are wrong and money isn't being taken out properly.
    Can someone who is single and can't be claimed as a dependent look at one of their paystubs and let me know what it says?!?!?!
    Thanks!!! :thanks:

3. MsTeacher

MsTeacher Rookie

Jul 31, 2007

Mine doesn't have either of those codes but could you call your payroll or human resources and ask?

4. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jul 31, 2007

Mine doesn't have either of those on it. I would call the payroll dept. and ask about it. When I first started, there was a difference in the pay I was supposed to get and what I was actually getting. No one at school even knew why the difference was there. I called the payroll dept. and they knew exactly what it was. I'd just call and ask!

5. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Jul 31, 2007

I am not single and have a few independents (ha ha...4 kids) and mine just says Fed w/h...there are no codes. So, I'm not sure if the code on yours is for dependents or not?? It could be just a code for the school district. Check with them.

6. kinderteach3

kinderteach3 Rookie

Jul 31, 2007

thanks everyone... calling HR in the am!

7. patsfan82

patsfan82 Rookie

Jul 31, 2007

I am single with no dependents but I always claim 0 without filling out the "grid" so I get more taxes taken out and a bigger refund at the end of the year. I think maybe he filled out the questions on the W2 and it came out as claiming 2. I know that if I fill out the questions it tells me to claim 1 but I never do.