Passing the FTCE K-6

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by lmanning@spccs., Mar 1, 2015.

1. lmanning@spccs.

lmanning@spccs. Rookie

Mar 1, 2015

Please pray that I pass this test I have taken it several times and keep missing it by points. My mother is very ill she is 98 years old I thank God that she is still here, my son and I are caring for her she is unable to walk. I pray that I pass this test so that I will keep my job this is a very stressful time.

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 1, 2015

Hugs, lmanning. When are you next taking the test?

4. lmanning@spccs.

lmanning@spccs. Rookie

Mar 3, 2015

FTCE K-6

In April

5. teach4USA

teach4USA Rookie

Mar 6, 2015

lmanning, what sections are you failing? There are four sections. I need to retake the math portion. I regret not taking the older version. I typically test well but the math was challenging. I used Cliff Notes and it was useless for the new exam version. Totally useless! I know my skills but need practice in timing. They word the math questions in a away that takes time. Its really a rip off of how much money they get from test takers.

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Mar 6, 2015

For review of math concepts, try the videos on Khan Academy (which, I believe, also has practice questions) or the explanations on Math Is Fun (www.mathsisfun.com).

For practice in math, LearningExpress (which publishes sensible, cheap skill-review and test-prep books) has 1001 Math Problems - each answer is explained. You could also search online for Florida's released math tests ("released" means that version of the test is no longer being used); these should be organized by grade.