Passed Praxis 1 and GACE in Special Educ

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by bnewsome, Mar 4, 2007.

1. bnewsome

bnewsome Rookie

Mar 4, 2007

I recently passed the new test GACE in GA. I wanted to know with a non-renewable certificate in Special Educ enough to acquire a position for the upcoming new school year. From the information on some of these forums, there is a little prejudice of people not going the traditional route for the classroom. I guarantee you a person who has been in corporate America has an enormous amount of information and assistance to help students as well grown ups in the school.

3. goopp

goopp Devotee

Mar 4, 2007

I'm teaching in Cobb County, and I have a non-renewable certificate. I had a teaching certificate in TN, but it expired in '93. I had been in the corporate world for 21 years before deciding to go back to teaching. As long as you have a certificate, it shouldn't be a problem.

4. ABCDEFG

ABCDEFG New Member

Mar 5, 2007

GACE

cOULD YOU TELL ME SOME INFORMATION ABOUT HOW THE GACE TEST IS IN GEORGIA. I WILL BE TAKING IT IN TWO/THREE WEEKS AND I AM SCARED TO DEATH. HOW WAS IT AND WHAT TYPE OF QUESTIONS IS ON THE TEST?

DID YOU HAVE TO WRITE TWO RESPONSES TO TWO QUESTIONS?
    THANK YOU, ABCDEFG

5. bnewsome

bnewsome Rookie

Mar 5, 2007

gace special ed test

i can't really tell you the specifics of the test. I took the gace special ed general knowledge I and II. The two test were different in that I have never taught in a classroom. I studied front to back about special education (i.e., laws, disabilities, rules, regulations, etc). The test had a little of everything on it and therefore you really have to know about everything. There were essays as well and you had to know how to perform in specific situations. Therefore, it was essential that you were able to know what to do with special types of disabilities. Whatever GACE test you are taking, because of no study guides, you have to be prepared for everything. Good luck.

6. bnewsome

bnewsome Rookie

Mar 5, 2007

Also, the both test were multiple choice and again each test had an essay. If you study your craft, you will pass. Remember GACE is still in the infant stage and the passing score on all test is 220.